- Add support for SEGGER linker.
- Fixed crash when building on a machine with more that 16 cores.
- Batch builds are now done in parallel.
- Updated the GCC/BINUTILS tools build to use the GCC ARM Embedded Toolchain 7-2018-q2-update source release.
- Updated the LLVM/Clang tools build to use the 6.0.1 source release.
- Added -disable-missing-runin-error linker script generator option.
- Added Code > Linker > Additional Linker Script Generator Options project property.
- Multiple run in sections can now be specified in section placement file.
- Add support for SEGGER assembler.
- Fixed error reporting when attempting to connect to J-Link by serial number.
- Fixed setting trigger type for new data breakpoints.
- Updated shipped J-Link software to V6.32i.
- Fixed using Alt+Tab when quick search window is visible (Linux only).
- Added Text Editor > Programmer Assistance > Code Completion Selection Key option.
- Added EditMoveSelectedLineUp and EditMoveSelectedLineDown commands and assigned them to Alt+Up and Alt+Down keys.
- Added Text Editor > Programmer Assistance > Code Completion Replaces Existing Word option.
- Fixed incorrectly displayed parameters in code suggestion popup when showing overloaded functions.
- Fixed use of tab key when function prototypes are displayed in code suggestion popup.
- Add capability to import eclipse .project/.cproject files as supplied with STM32Cube sample projects.
- Fixed crash when closing editor windows when code outline window is open.
- Fixed processing of multiple backspace characters in text output windows.
- Fixed crash in outline window when viewing certain C++ code.
- Added terminal emulator window.
- Fixed missing clipboard operations from text output window's context menu.
- Line edit property editors now initially selected.
- Fixed crash in stack usage window viewing certain .elf files.
- Updated the GCC/BINUTILS tools build to use the GCC ARM Embedded Toolchain 7-2017-q4-major source release.
- Add support for Cortex-R7, Cortex-R8, Cortex-A15 and Cortex-A17 processor cores.
- Added "V8M Has DSP Instructions" project option.
- Added "V8M Mainline" and "FPv5-SP-D16" library build variants.
- Fix tdata placement in Cortex-M placement files.
- Added c++1z and gnu++1z C++ language standard options.
- Replaced gcc c++ exception handling code with llvm equivalent.
- Fixed command line generated when "Keep Preprocessor Output" is enabled.
- Improved parallel build performance on Linux and macOS hosts.
- Fixed $(FPU) and $(FPABI) macro definitions for external build commands.
- Add $(Undefines) macro definitions for external build commands.
- Renamed Linker option "Section Placement Segments" to Build option "Memory Segments" and is now available for "Externally Built Executable" project types.
- Added __SES_VERSION preprocessor definition.
- Updated the LLVM/Clang tools build to use the 6.0.0 source release.
- Fixed emScript crash when defining a global variable on the command line without a value.
- Supplied versions of arm_neon.h that are compatible with the supplied gcc and clang compilers.
- Command line builder now implements -verbose, default is to build silently.
- Added Code Generation option "ARM Advanced SIMD Auto Vectorize" to enable loop vectorizing in the compilers.
- Added prototype for __putchar() to stdio.h.
- sys/stat.h now declares mode_t and off_t types.
- Added $(UnixTime) system macro.
- Removed deprecated throw declarations in new header file.
- Fixed crash if something is entered in the disassembly window's expression input when not debugging.
- Word and half-word writes to SWO channel 0 are now displayed in the debug terminal.
- Avoid update of live watch window during J-Link download.
- Avoid deletion of breakpoints when disconnecting from J-Link.
- Improve debug when compiler option "Supply Absolute File Path" is set to "No".
- Fixed crash when quick watch used on a C++ struct containing member functions.
- Enhanced Threads window to be able to display additional RTOS queues.
- Fixed download progress bar showing negative ETA and 0.0 KB total download size on Linux and macOS versions.
- Add support for TargetInterface.runFromAddress in target script.
- Fixed inability to add items to the watch window when periodic update is enabled.
- Edited source files will not be used by the debugger.
- Updated shipped J-Link software to V6.32c.
- The Text Editor > Programmer Assistance > Check Spelling environment option now defaults to No.
- Fixed code formatting of a selected block not working correctly when the Tab Cleanup On Save option is enabled.
- Fixed NULL being inserted into text file when CTRL+Space is pressed on Linux version of the code editor.
- Added replace in selection to the find dialog's find options summary.
- Fixed freezing of IDE when saving a large text file and the Delete Trailing Space On Save option is enabled.
- Improved performance of tabify and untabify operations.
- Cursor now moved if it is on a location that is deleted by the code formatter.
- Added Formatting > Empty Lines At End Of File option.
- Fixed Find Extras context menu not correctly showing the text that will be searched for.
- Added Text Editor > Formatting > Use .clang-format File formatting option.
- Auto comment no longer activates when in block selection mode.
- Added Text Editor > International > Auto-Detect UTF-8 option.
- Fixed text editor tooltip not working when word starts on first column.
- Fixed goto definition not working correctly when definition has been selected.
- Tab key now indents only if selection is multi-line.
- Find in files dialog can now be opened using Ctrl+Shift+F from the incremental find dialog.
- Added missing close button on code editor find dialog.
- Pasting of a block selection is now done as a block insertion even if the text editor has lost focus.
- Add environment option to enable the text editor to display section headers of ELF files.
- Added Environment > Find and Replace > Greedy Regular Expressions environment option.
- Fixed generation of unexpected characters when composing a character with ` ' or ^ keys.
- Reinstated default ALT-F5 keyboard mapping to DebugStartOzone command.
- Fixed crash when using a display with a 16-bit color depth.
- Fixed HUD windows not closing when all docked windows have been closed or removed.
- Fixed crash when changing active projects while Source Navigator is running.
- Check boxes in project system dialogs can now be toggled by a single click.
- Fixed menu key not opening context menu in watch and register windows.
- Improved appearance of list view check boxes when using display scaling.
- Property editor dialogs can now be resized.
- Added "Debug Entry Point" debugging option.
- Remove .plist files created by clang static analyzer.
- Fixed long window captions in some popup windows.
- Fixed find window's file extension filter not being saved when using Find Extras options.
- Fixed find window's additional options summary not being displayed when options are concealed.
- Find window's additional options summary now includes file extension filter.
- Full file path now displayed in find window's result list.
- Fixed ordering of history in package release notes.
- Fixed potential problem when multiple processes are accessing settings.
- Fixed unresponsive GUI when build generates a lot of output.
- Added File Search > Flat Search Result Output environment option.
- The file search window now defaults to flat result output and the dock site at the bottom of the main window.
- Fixed incorrectly located line edit in list views.
- Fixed activation of keyboard accelerators from HUD windows.
- Fixed automatic installation of packages when clicking on documentation links.
- Fixed debug terminal find only carrying out search once.
- Fixed bookmarks window updating bookmark line numbers when lines were inserted into or deleted from a different file.
- Fix command line supplied to clang static analyzer for ARM/Cortex-A/Cortex-R devices.
- Fixed opening of project files when the File > File Open Action property is set to Web Browser.
- Popup error message now displayed if package list cannot be downloaded when refreshing.
- Added File Search > Collapse Results environment option.
- Fixed crash when refreshing the outline window while editing an empty XML file.
- Fixed setting propertyGroup defined properties on folder nodes when importing package files.
- Keyboard map is now saved with UTF-8 encoding.
- Web browser links to text files now open in web browser rather than text editor.
- Fixed crash when running on an Ubuntu 14.04 system using KDE window manager.
- Fixed Windows installer failure when user name contains certain non-ASCII characters.
- Fixed loss of icons and inability to start IDE from desktop if umask has been set preventing read and execute permissions from being enabled for others (Linux only).
- Added EmbeddedStudioVersionNumber system macro.
- The inttypes.h header file now includes stdint.h as per the c99 standard.
- Added "Math Errno" project option.
- Dependency files are now deleted on project rebuild/clean.
- Does not link Externally Built Executable projects that have a specified Load File.
- Does not compile files in Externally Built Executable projects that do not have compile command(s).
- J-Link Control Panel window now works with multiple J-Links attached.
- Fixed generation of symbols when address_symbol and size_symbol attributes are used in a memory map or section placement files.
- Fixed crash with IAR v8 generated elf files.
- Fixed usage of brackets in debug watch expressions.
- Additional load files can be relative to the project directory.
- Fixed crash when scrolling the disassembly window with the mouse wheel when debugger is not running.
- Documented the file format for the "Type Interpretation File" project property.
- Updated shipped J-Link software to V6.22d.
- Fixed renaming of build configurations not applying when clicking on another build configuration after change.
- Fixed crash when pressing Ctrl+Shift+T.
- Modified macOS text editor cursor key mapping to be more like other macOS text editors.
- Double clicking on company logo images in package manager and new project wizard now has no effect.
- Fixed update of registers window status message when no registers are selected.
- Fixed display of multi-line messages in output window's task view.
- Code editor suggestions now inserted on all lines when in block edit mode.
- Code editor replace all now only replaces text within block when in block selection mode.
- WebKit web browser now uses display scaling factor.
- Show Large Icons In Toolbars option now applies to docking windows.
- Added keyboard shortcut editor to environment options dialog.
- Fixed crash that occured when cancelling the new project wizard when on the edit common project settings page.
- Fixed code editor suggestion popup not restoring opacity when ctrl key is released.
- Pasting of a block selection is now done as a block insertion even if text editor is not in block edit mode.
- Fixed text terminal not staying at end of file when maximum line limit is reached.
- Fixed wireless network interfaces not being included in list of network adapters on Windows.
- Added missing __powidf2 and __powisf2 compiler helper functions.
- Updated the LLVM/Clang tools build to use the 5.0.0 source release.
- Updated shipped J-Link software to V6.20d.
- Added missing JLinkDevices.xml file and accompanying flash loaders.
- Environment option descriptions are now selectable.
- Improved performance of text editor brace matching in long files.
- Added Text Editor > Formatting > Additional Formatting Styles environment option.
- Added case sensitivity, whole word and regular expression options to code edit's incremental search dialog.
- Code editor's incremental search dialog no longer resets find dialog settings.
- Fixed drag and drop of file onto a project explorer file node from an external program.
- Fixed loss of focus when an expanded project explorer node is deleted.
- Fix macro expansion of "Target Device" on license check.
- Do license check when active project is changed.
- License check now applies to "Library" project types based on the "Core Type".
- Fixed installation of license strings containing UNICODE characters.
- Fixed running of build command lines containing a '>' output redirection character.
- Fixed command line property editor.
- Added static_assert definition to assert.h.
- Fixed crash when Folder Options node is selected in project explorer and Open Solution in Editor is activated.
- Dynamic macros are now expanded in property editor macro preview.
- Added RelInputDir and FolderPath macros.
- Added empty solution project template.
- Fixed crash using Debug | Restart with the simulator target before startup breakpoint is hit.
- Fixed crash using Target | Attach Debugger with J-Trace target.
- Fixed bug in backtracing code which caused local variables to be displayed incorrectly.
- Local, global, auto and watch window columns are now independently configurable.
- Fixed display of signed 32-bit integer variables on 64-bit Linux and macOS hosts.
- Fixed Cortex-M simulator return from exception when using both main and process stack.
- Speed up single stepping of large programs when there are many unfound symbols in watch window.
- Add "Auto" capability to SWO baud rate project property.
- Updated shipped J-Link software to V6.20a.
- Changed values in variable and register windows are now identified by red text rather than a red background.
- Avoid memory and watch window update during download.
- Improve speed of disassembly when source files cannot be found.
- Fixed opening of files using macOS Finder.
- Improved opening of files from the command line.
- Fixed crash in text editor when moving left a word at a time.
- Reinstated View > Dashboard menu entry.
- File extension comparisons for project, package and archive files are now case insensitive.
- External diff tool runs as a detached process.
- Fixed error reporting when source file couldn't be opened by IAR compiler.
- Fixed crash in code outline window when viewing an XML file containing a syntax error.
- Add "Copy Full Path" to context menu in project explorer.
- Find in files on solution will not search object and library files.
- Fixed crash reporter hanging if report submission fails.
- Updated the GCC/BINUTILS tools build to use GNU ARM Embedded Toolchain 6-2017-q2-update source release.
- Updated LLVM/Clang to version 4.0.1.
- C runtime start code now has an optional call to an external function named InitializeUserMemorySections if INITIALIZE_USER_SECTIONS is defined.
- The 'Hello' first run sample project now defaults to the simulator target connection.
- Fix bug locating to assembly code source files.
- Locals window update when accessing variables that are in restricted memory ranges.
- Stop accessing address zero on debug reset on Cortex-M devices.
- Add "Starting Stack Pointer Value" debug project property.
- Updated shipped J-Link software to V6.18.
- Added Debug > Debug With Ozone menu option and an environment option to override the default location of the Ozone executable.
- Fixed crash showing symbols browser for IAR generated executables.
- Opening studio from shortcut when Allow Multiple Studios is set to No and studio is already running now unminimizes and raises main window to the top.
- Can now close the solution whilst the Source Navigator or Find References windows are active.
- Statistics in the Project Explorer displays the sum of the files sizes of the containing folder node.
- Improved error message reporting when studio startup fails.
- Check syntax option is now enabled on files with .html extension.
- Find extras menu order now the same in context menu as it is in the main menu.
- Fixed installation failure when installing certain packages.
- Added new look dashboard window.
- Fixed certain Alt key accelerators not working on macOS.
- Macro viewer in property editor now has horizontal scroll bar.
- Fixed blank entries in propery editor's build configuration combo box (macOS only).
- Hyperlinks in property editor's description fields now open in an external browser.
- Highlighted finds are now local to each text editor.
- Fixed text editor match delimiter and extend selection operation (Shift+Ctrl+]).
- Fixed moving of popup windows displayed when project is loading.
- Fixed Delete key not deleting selected text when cursor is at the end of the file.
- Fixed crash running installer on Linux when KDE plugins are installed on the system.
- Windows version no longer requires the Universal C Runtime update to be installed.
- Smaller up and down buttons in property window.
- Shift+Tab now works when text editor is in block selection mode.
- Indent when text editor is in block selection mode now aligns to the indent size setting.
- Highlight all selected text now works when text is selected by keyboard.
- Add environment option "Check J-Link For Licenses".
- Text files shipped in Windows distributions are now in DOS format.
- Reworked compiler driver command line options.
- The debug restart action doesn't load the target.
- Holding the shift key while scrolling the memory window with the mouse scroll wheel now locks the start address.
- Added Debug > Memory Window > Scroll Wheel Modifies Start Address environment option.
- Memory window size warning can be disabled and is now only shown when the size changes.
- Fixed crash when the memory diff dialog is shown after download verification has failed.
- Updated shipped J-Link software to V6.16g.
- Editor dock positions are now restored when solution is loaded.
- Fixed incorrect calculation of memory usage window cell height when using high DPI fonts.
- Fixed crashes caused by uncaught exceptions (Linux only).
- Fixed incorrect width of editor margin when using Windows scaling.
- Fixed pressing tab key while in block edit mode.
- Fixed occasional randomly placed tooltips in code editor.
- Added Text Editor > Editing > Tab Key Indents Preprocessor Directives environment option.
- Fixed text editor crash when selecting and deleting past end of file with virtual space enabled.
- Fixed text editor scrolling to the far left column when text is selected and the mouse is moved.
- The Code Outline window now uses the same parser as the Source Navigator this has
improved C++ support but has removed conditional preprocessor directives.
- The Code Outline window can now display doxygen style comments in the Preview pane.
- Change default for "Omit Frame Pointer" to "Yes".
- Added "Export Makefile" to project build context menu.
- Removed license check from memory window load and save operations.
- Embedded Studio now only uses the J-Link software it ships with, it no longer searches for other installations.
- Updated shipped J-Link software to V6.16c.
- Fixed crash when auto disconnecting simulator before simulator has stopped.
- Fixed text editor always using proportional font rendering irrespective of the Text Editor > Visual Appearance > Font Rendering option.
- Fixed text editor cursor color when using CrossWorks Dark color scheme.
- Added Insert Cursor and Overwrite Cursor colors to editor color schemes.
- Fixed text editor repaint when highlight cursor line mode is enabled.
- Fixed display of large toolbar icons.
- Fixed activation of popup toolbar icons.
- Fixed path property editor when using scaling on Windows.
- The text editor line number font size now scales with the main text editor font size.
- Project properties dialog now remembers splitter placement.
- Improved support for Windows scaling.
- Fixed code completion suggestion popup appearing on the wrong display on multi-display systems.
- Fixed Edit > Selection > Tabify.
- Added text editor block selection and edit.
- Fixed File > Recent Files and File > Recent Projects not selecting first element of menu when activated by keyboard.
- Fixed Command+W not closing current editor on macOS.
- Improved macOS clipboard support.
- Avoid auto loading externally modified project file during build.
- Grey out goto definition (and others) when indexer is running.
- Fixed window group Close All Windows option not recording in session file that windows have been closed.
- Fixed excessively fast vertical scroll wheel scrolling in text output windows.
- Change default for "Emit Relocations" to "Yes".
- Add weak attribute to library realloc implementation.
- Added sys/stat.h, sys/time.h and sys/types.h for compatibility.
- Removed STLPort from the distribution. This is available as a library package.
- Add "Post-Archive Command" project options.
- Generic startup code now enables VFP when "ARM FP ABI Type" is not set to "Soft".
- RTT files are not added to new ARM/Cortex-A/R generic projects.
- Add "Pre-Build Command" and "Post-Build Command" project options.
- Default __putchar and __getchar functions are now implemented using debugio.
- Upgraded LLVM/Clang to version 4.0.0.
- Updated the GCC/BINUTILS tools build to use GNU ARM Embedded Toolchain 6-2017-q1-update source release.
- Changed "Printf Floating Point Supported" project option to select between "Float" and "Double" support.
- Fixed crash when downloading non-existent externally built executable.
- Fixed crash when displaying class variables that contain static member data of the same type.
- Added "Copy To Clipboard" to register and variable display windows.
- Added "Copy To Clipboard" to memory window.
- Single stepping will step again if there is more then one instruction sequence associated with a source line of code.
- Disassembler decodes tbb/tbh pc relative jump tables.
- Updated shipped J-Link software to V6.14h.
- The "Auto Update" feature of the execution profile window uses the j-trace pro streaming feature.
- Added locate next/prev source/instruction buttons to execution trace window.
- Added function call and return entries to execution trace window.
- Added "Stack Usage" window.
- Changed "Build Macros" environment option name to "Global Macros".
- Fixed missing bottom line of some characters in Linux version of code editor.
- Clicking on studio icon in macOS dock now unminimizes IDE if it is minimized.
- Add up and down project navigation buttons to project properties dialog.
- Fixed reload solution not loading the correct solution if multiple versions of the studio are running with different projects loaded.
- Added Text Editor > Save > Default Line Endings environment option.
- Fixed text editor asking whether it is OK to overwrite an existing file twice.
- Editor now preserves UTF-8 byte order marks.
- Added different bitmaps to the project window for executable, library and staging project types.
- Build detects when files have been excluded/included and cut/pasted into projects.
- Project explorer paste file onto file will add it to the containing folder.
- Fixed text editor crash when using delete while cursor is at the end of file.
- Fixed integer property editor not working correctly on Linux and macOS.
- Fixed text editor Tools > Format Code losing last line of file on Linux and macOS.
- Fixed up and down cursor keys not working correctly with search filters on macOS.
- Fixed naming of Formatting > Always Break After Definition Return Type project property.
- Fixed duplicate Debug and Debugging property groups.
- Added Nordic Semiconductor text formatting style.
- The source browser window has renamed the "Stack" colunm to "Frame Size".
- Added "Code", "Data" and "Const" size columns to the source browser window.
- The ARM license entitlement is now checked against the "Target Device" project property.
- The names of temporary files produced by the compiler are now derived from the input filename.
- The rm and chmod commands generated by the build are now implemented as internal commands.
- Added "V8M Has CMSE Instructions" project property.
- Added "CMSE Import Library File" project property.
- Fixed crash caused by clearing build log whilst building.
- Fixed ld executable being loaded into an editor on memory segment overflow linker errors (Linux and macOS only).
- Fixed build for project Link and unity folder Compile.
- Fixed setting strict-aligned clang compiler option for v4t, v5te, v6m and v8m.baseline architectures.
- Removed broken linker variant project property.
- Fixed C++ signbit implementation.
- Fixed build not building newly imported files.
- Changed linker and archiver "Use Indirect File" options default.
- Fixed using indirect files with filenames containing backslashes.
- Show "Batch Build Configurations" property at the solution node.
- Fixed crossscript crash when using ElfFile.peekBytes or ElfFile.crc32 functions on a program compiled with the Clang compiler.
- Fixed importing IAR EWARM/Keil MDK project files containing dots.
- Added linker option "Symbols File" to supply a symbols only file to the link command.
- Added "None" option to "Debugging Level" which is now used for "Release" configuration builds.
- Updated the GCC/BINUTILS tools build to use GCC ARM Embedded 6-2016-q4-major source release.
- Upgraded LLVM/Clang to version 3.9.1.
- Add int sized enums library build variants.
- Add big endian library build variants for architecture v6M.
- Add "Library ARM Architecture" project property.
- Add environment option "Enable All Warnings Command Line Options".
- Add environment option "Enforce ANSI Checking Command Line Options".
- Change default for "Allow Multiple Symbol Definition" to "No".
- Added "Auto Refresh" to the context menu of the execution count window.
- Fixed set breakpoint on variable from text editor.
- Fixed modifying breakpoint properties.
- Fixed crash when pressing page down on last page of the disassembly in the disassembly window.
- Fixed crash using debug restart with the simulator target.
- Add "Ignore .debug_frame Section" debugging property.
- Fixed crash if memory write fails during download on OS X.
- Fixed crash when connecting to J-Link target interface when no J-Link is attached.
- Fixed disassembly of ldr literal instructions.
- Improved debug support of clang generated code.
- Fixed memory window always evaluating address expression when auto size is selected.
- Fixed crash when opening memory window.
- Fixed watch window not storing the filename and linenumber context in which to evaluate the expression.
- Fixed misc bugs in watch window.
- Fixed Cortex-M simulator handling of word aligned stack pointers on exception return.
- Fixed crash using debug stop during download.
- Control bit zero now shown in CPU registers display for Cortex-M0.
- Added environment option "Show Member Functions" to variable windows to enable C++ member functions to be displayed.
- Add "RTT Enable" and "RTT Control Block Address" debugging options.
- Fixed crash when setting register allocated variables that are less than 4 bytes in length.
- Add "ITM Stimulus Port To Display" debugging options.
- Fixed implementation of rbit insruction in ARM simulator.
- Updated shipped J-Link software to V6.12f
- Add "Access Variables Within Memory Map Only" project property.
- Remove "Leave Target Running" project property.
- Parallel building of files in projects now shows a progress bar and ETA, both of these can be disabled using new environment options.
- Fixed Microsoft IME support in code editor.
- Removed project property "Build Dependents in Parallel", replaced it with "Project Can Build In Parallel".
- Fixed saving of files from code editor using Shift-JIS encoding.
- Improved appearance of build log's memory usage summary when there are many memory segments.
- Fixed code completion on files with paths containing UNICODE characters.
- Fixed goto definition and find references on files with paths containing UNICODE characters.
- File and project history now shared between all major releases.
- Fixed save prompt dialog not being displayed when modified file is closed.
- Fixed close solution not stopping when the saving of a modified file has failed.
- Improved appearance of debugger tooltips.
- Fixed build summary not being fully visible when build log is larger than window.
- Fixed directory chooser on IAR/Keil project import dialog.
- Fixed crash when entering address in disassembly window that is not within the current visible address range.
- Fixed text editor slow down when rendering very long lines.
- Find dialog auto complete is now case sensitive.
- Enter key now behaves the same as return key in find dialog.
- Fixed crash when dragging a project folder onto one of its own sub folders.
- Register window bitfield entries now use monospace font.
- Ctrl+C and Ctrl+A now work in project property dialog's description field.
- Fixed drag not working in project explorer on new files or folders until project has been reloaded.
- Fixed use of proportional fonts in code editor.
- Added Text Editor > Font Rendering environment option.
- Cannot close solution while Source Navigator and References window are active.
- Added stop button to Source Navigator window.
- Added coloring for #if'ed out code to the editor for C and C++ files. This is computed on file load and save.
- Added .svd file type detection to "Register Definition File" property.
- Added environment option "Parallel Project Building" to enable dependent project (and solution) builds to be done in parallel.
- Fixed text editor cursor not being visible over text drawn with a different background colour.
- Fixed the window group context menu sometimes being displayed higher than the mouse pointer.
- Search box now focused when package manager is opened.
- Fixed project importer not loading shipped jlink.dll when no other is available.
- Fixed pasting of file into a project explorer folder that is already contained within that folder.
- Fixed file overwrite warning dialog not giving the option to cancel.
- Added Title Bar > Show Full Solution Path environment option.
- Fixed crash when closing all editor windows, right clicking and then moving the mouse with the empty dock window.
- Added tooltips on symbols in text editor.
- Fixed editor search not clearing highlights when search string is cleared.
- Added Text Editor > Highlight All Selected Text environment option.
- Added Windows > Debug Terminal > Backscroll Buffer Lines environment option.
- Added Text Editor > Programmer Assistance > Inactive Code Opacity environment option.
- Fixed incorrectly placed resize grip in property editor.
- Fixed previous search not being selected when starting a multi-line find and replace.
- Fixed bookmark not being removed from bookmarks window when the line it is on has been deleted.
- New generic projects now set the "Section Placement Segments" option rather than use memory map files.
- Added new generic projects that enable use of an external GNU toolchain.
- Fixed selection in text editor not being completely cleared under certain circumstances.
- Find and replace window now remembers last search context and file type settings.
- Add support for BE-8 executables.
- Fixed opening of example projects from dashboard and contents window.
- Added dependent files to quick open (Ctrl+o) editor action.
- Help system now uses WebKit web browser to display content.
- Brace matching now takes into account inactive code lines.
- Inactive code highlighting now updates as you type.
- Detects project file has changed on disk and prompts for reload.
- Function keys can now be displayed permanently on OS X Touch Bar when IDE is running. See Using function keys on MacBook Pro with Touch Bar for more information on how to do this.
- Removed "Target" option from Generic project types and added "Target Device" option to enable target device selection.
- Reintroduce tools on project explorer context menu for folder and file nodes.
- Added "Stack" column to the symbol browser window.
- The product build date is now compared with the SUA expiry date. The License manager displays licenses that have expired SUA's.
- Added "Keep Linker Script File" project property.
- Added "Tool Chain Directory" project property.
- Added "Externally Built Library" to the "Project Type" enumeration.
- Added "Section Placement Segments" project property.
- Added "Post-Link Output File" project property.
- Added "C Compile Command", "C++ Compile Command", "Assemble Command", "Link Command" and "Archive Command" project properties to enable user defined build steps.
- Added capability to build "Externally Built Executable" and "Externally Built Library" project types using command lines in project properties.
- Supplied ascii only version of ctype functions in ctype_no_wchar.c in the $(StudioDir)/source directory.
- Supplied non threaded version errno in errno_no_thread.c in the $(StudioDir)/source directory.
- Fixed 0.0 >= 0.0 and 0.0 <= 0.0 not returning true on some architectures.
- Fixed crash when building libraries using indirect files with no files to archive.
- Opening IAR EWARM/Keil MDK project files will now create internal and external build configurations. The
external build configuration will use the IAR/Keil tools. The internal build configuration will use the internal tools.
- Fixed setting errno to EDOM with invalid arguments to acos(f), asin(f) and fmod(f).
- Fixed setting errno to ERANGE when overflow occurs with ldexp(f).
- Updated the GCC/BINUTILS tools build to use GCC ARM Embedded 5-2016-q2-update source release.
- Link will now fail with an error if a section has been placed at the end of a segment using the place_from_segment_start attribute and the preceding section overlaps it.
- Removed "J-Link DLL File" project property.
- Added "Use Built-in RTT support" project property to enable RTT to be used on all devices.
- Add "Ignore .debug_aranges Section" debugging property.
- Fixed crash while using memory window when not connected to target.
- Added "Load ELF Sections" loader project property.
- Added "Stop On Memory Error" simulator project property.
- Removed "Debugger Initial Breakpoint" environment options.
- Can now optionally specify the main load file to download using the "Load File" project property.
- Added "Go To Disassembly" to code editor context menu when debugging.
- Added "Export As Text" to variable display windows.
- Variable display windows now display char * as null terminated strings by default.
- Variable display windows now carry out numerical sort when sorting on size.
- Fixed watch window not moving blank entry to end when using add to watch from editor.
- Adding simulator project property "Stop On Memory Error".
- Enabling of exception breakpoints is preserved in session file.
- Project properties dialog now defaults to the active build confguration when opened.
- Fixed crash when dragging a project folder onto itself.
- Fixed display of string properties that contain line feeds.
- The "Project Type" property can now be set on a per configuration basis.
- Fixed reload project not working correctly when the project has been opened from the Recent Projects window.
- Project properties editor dialog is now modal.
- Memory window address field now expands to fill available space.
- Fixed blank filenames in Open File From Solution dialog.
- Fixed crash when right clicking in empty area of build configuration dialog.
- Fixed crash when changing configuration with a property editor focused in properties dialog.
- Changed the way modified and inherited properties are shown in the properties dialog/window.
- Code editor no longer displays file modified warning if file has been externally deleted.
- Properties dialog, removed "All" group, deselecting the group/page will show all properties.
- Properties dialog, changed the graphic to indicate that a project property has been modified or is set in another node or configuration.
- Properties dialog, removed the build macros and added a means to display the set of macros on individual property editors.
- Project explorer, added "Exclude From Build" option to folders.
- Add support for ARMv8-M Mainline and ARMv8-M Baseline architecture.
- Properties dialog, added option to show modified properties only.
- Fixed drag and drop in project explorer only working on a new folder after project has been reloaded.
- Project explorer removed automatic usage of memory map, section placement and linker script files in the build.
- Added "Use This Memory Map", "Use This Section Placement" and "Use This Linker Script File" to the appropriate files in the project explorer context menu.
- Files of type Memory Map, Section Placement and Linker Script that are added to the project now prompt to update the appropriate project property.
- Added "Use Manual Linker Script" and "Linker Script File" project properties.
- Removed Calcpad, Debug Immediate, Downloads, Properties, Script Console and Terminal Emulator windows.
- Reorganised menu entries, all window show actions are avaiable on the View menu.
- File path property editor now applies change when enter key is pressed.
- The Application Monospace Font property editor will now only allow monospace fonts to be selected.