- Updated segger-cc compiler to version 15.2.4
- Updated segger-rtl to version 4.24.1.
- Fixed editor breakpoints when relative paths have been supplied to segger-cc.
- Updated J-Link software to version V7.86c.
- Updated segger-cc compiler to version 15.2.2
- Fix C++ exception catching.
- Fixed library building in default installation directory on Windows machines that don't have long paths enabled.
- Rebuild of Externally Built projects will now run the clean command before the build command.
- Updated segger-ld to version 4.38.2.
- Updated the GCC/BINUTILS tools build to use the Arm GNU Toolchain 12.2.Rel1 source release.
- Add ARMv8.1-M Mainline library builds.
- Fix incorrect definition of puts in SEMIHOST (host-formatted) builds.
- Fixed emScript access to ElfFile class.
- Fixed modifying double precision floating point registers in registers window.
- Fixed modifying double precision VFP registers in registers window.
- Fixed incorrectly accessing J-Link secure/non secure registers on devices that don't have secure mode.
- Fixed single stepping of V8.1-M loop instructions.
- Updated J-Link software to version V7.86a.
- Fixed Debug | Step Over not doing build up to date check.
- Fixed editor scrolling to the end of the file when Edit > Format inserts lines.
- Added EditToggleHeaderCodeFile command (Ctrl+K,Ctrl+O).
- Find and replace window will now replace in files not currently being edited.
- Fixed multiple "Project modified externally" dialogs when project has been modified externally and an editor has been modified.
- Fixed the dashboard window's list of recent projects not being immediately updated when a new project is created or a non-existent project is loaded.
- Fixed crash when upgrading from a package version that has been removed from the package repository.
- The package upgrade button now automatically selects the latest package versions in the package manager.
- Added support for ARGB32, RGB32, RGB888, RGB565, RGB666, RGB555, RGB444 and monochrome formats to frame buffer window.
- Added auto-refresh, auto-evaluate, zoom and pixel information tooltip to frame buffer window.
- Fixed clipping of project window columns when using dark theme.
- Added save and copy commands to frame buffer window.
- Updated segger-cc compiler to version 15.0.1
- Updated segger-ld to version 4.38.0.
- Updated segger-rtl to version 4.22.0.
- The $(StudioDir)/lib directory is now writable, libraries are built from source code as required.
- The SEGGER C++ library package is now supplied as source code and built into the $(StudioDir)/lib directory as required.
- Add support for 0X hexadecimal prefix in debug expressions.
- Add "Supply Input Character Set" and "Supply Execution Character Set" project properties.
- Updated J-Link software to version V7.82c.
- Fixed prompt to install missing packages not appearing when manually installing packages and no package list has been downloaded.
- Updated segger-cc compiler to version 15.0.0
- Fixed External Build handling of embedded quotation marks in preprocessor defines and additional compiler options.
- Add support for Cortex-M85 processor.
- Added "Package > Package Directory" solution property.
- Updated the GCC/BINUTILS tools build to use the Arm GNU Toolchain 11.3.Rel1 source release.
- Changed "ARM Library Architecture" project property default to "Default".
- Package libraries now available for Library and Object File project types.
- Updated the LLVM/Clang tools build to use the 15.0.0 source release.
- Fixed "Generate Listing File" when using segger-cc/clang compilers.
- Fixed arm_neon.h so that it can compile with both segger-cc and clang compilers.
- Fixed usage of llvm LTO with compiler driver.
- Removed clang and segger-cc-ng binaries from distribution.
- Updated segger-ld to version 4.36.0.
- Updated segger-rtl to version 4.20.0.
- Add simulator support for primask, basepri registers.
- The Restrict Memory Access option applies to backtracing.
- Reassigned Alt+F11 to do instruction single step.
- Fixed unsigned decimal and octal display when Show Digit Separator is used.
- Fixed simulation of ARM encoded rev16/revsh instructions.
- The secure/non-secure state of Cortex-M23/Cortex-M33 devices is displayed in the status bar.
- Add option Show Struct Offsets to variable display windows.
- Add support for duplicate names in locals display.
- Add prompt for array slice in variable display windows.
- Fixed simulator clearing the execution trace on debug go.
- Execution trace window now locates to the last entry by default.
- Fixed incorrect % calculation in Execution profile window when used with J-Link.
- Updated J-Link software to version V7.82.
- Fixed Edit > Selection > Decrease Line Indent when line is below a collapsed fold.
- Added parallel download and install to package manager.
- Renamed Add Existing Project to Add Link To Existing Solution.
- Add Environment > Startup > Sort Project File On Save environment option which defaults to Yes.
- Add Import Linker Script action to project explorer context menu.
- Fixed graying of inactive code for header and assembly code files.
- Fixed preprocessor tools to use segger-cc when it is set as the compiler variant.
- Add Import CMake Generated Ninja Project to Import Project menu.
- Updated segger-cc compiler to version 14.2.1
- Updated segger-cc-ng compiler to version 14.92.0
- Fixed Source Navigator/Analyze command lines for libcxx projects.
- Fixed use of "Unwind Tables" with segger-cc compiler.
- Updated the LLVM/Clang tools build to use the 14.0.6 source release.
- Updated segger-ld to version 4.34.2.
- Updated segger-rtl to version 4.18.0.
- Fixed crash with watch window.
- Fixed crash with quick watch window.
- Updated J-Link software to version V7.70a.
- Fixed editor using incorrect file encoding when file is opened when a breakpoint is hit.
- Fixed license manager not allowing ARM and RISC-V licenses to be installed on one J-Link.
- Fixed percentage memory used calculation.
- Add "Library Heap Locking" project property.
- Add Show Digit Separator to variables and registers windows.
- Updated J-Link software to version V7.66c.
- Multi-line comments can now be folded.
- Fixed removal of editor tooltips when mouse cursor moves away.
- Added collapsed fold preview tooltip.
- Dark theme is now supported on macOS.
- Fixed crash when continue to debug used with no executable file.
- ANSI escape codes are now removed when copying text to the clipboard from the text build log.
- Add existing file now uses the standard native file open dialog on Windows.
- Updated segger-cc compiler to version 14.0.1
- Updated segger-cc-ng compiler to version 14.90.1
- The C++ new operator now calls abort() on failure.
- Add "Analyze Command" project properties.
- Changed "ARM Architecture" project property default to "None".
- Fixed quoted zero length command line arguments being discarded when spawning processes.
- Updated the LLVM/Clang tools build to use the 14.0.0 source release.
- Updated the GCC/BINUTILS tools build to use the Arm GNU Toolchain 11.2-2022.02 source release.
- Stack Usage window now works without linker relocations section.
- Updated segger-rtl to version 4.16.0.
- Updated segger-ld to version 4.34.1.
- Fixed LTO support for big-endian targets.
- Updated default libcxx packages to version 1.06
- Add simulator support for vcvt[bt].f64.f16/vcvt[bt].f16.f64 instructions.
- Updated J-Link software to version V7.64c.
- Fixed Step Into debugging start.
- Fixed incorrect column selection when file contains tabs and there are collapsed folds.
- Fixed incorrect syntax coloring after reloading externally edited file.
- Text decoding is now verified when a file is loaded. This can be disabled using the Text Editor > International > Verify Text File Decoding environment option.
- The Text Editor > Visual Appearance > Font Rendering environment option now defaults to Auto.
- Improved detection of proportional width fonts.
- Improved rendering performance of text containing proportional width characters or tab characters.
- Fixed incorrect spacing between lines when using certain fonts and font sizes.
- Invalid filename characters are now removed when pasting text into the new project/file dialog's name field rather than preventing the paste altogether.
- Fixed disassembly window reload when object file has been modified externally.
- Print preview can now be scrolled using mouse wheel.
- Fixed license manager allowing invalid license activation strings to be installed.
- Added --full-install and --minimal-install command line options.
- Updated segger-cc compiler to version 13.2.2
- Updated segger-rtl to version 2.30.0.
- Updated segger-ld to version 4.16.1.
- Fixed crash tracing 2 byte address ranges with J-Trace Pro.
- Updated J-Link software to version V7.62b.
- Fixed RTT input on simulator target.
- Fixed the entering of characters using input method editors (IME).
- Increased large icon DPI threshold.
- Fixed incorrect width of build log's status column on high DPI displays.
- Progress bar color can now be customized.
- Fixed reading of tools.xml file containing DOS format line breaks.
- Fixed crash using the license manager when there is no solution loaded.
- Updated segger-cc compiler to version 13.2.1
- Updated segger-cc-ng compiler to version 13.93.1
- Fixed integer range selection for segger-ld alignment options.
- Updated segger-ld to version 4.30.0.
- Updated segger-rtl to version 4.10.0.
- Fixed Clean executing pre/post build commands.
- Updated the LLVM/Clang tools build to use the 13.0.1 source release.
- Updated J-Link software to version V7.62.
- Added code folding.
- Added Edit > Others > Toggle Split Window.
- Added Text Editor > Visual Appearance > Show Caret Position In Vertical Scroll Bar option.
- Added Text Editor > Visual Appearance > Show Breakpoints In Vertical Scroll Bar option.
- Added Text Editor > Visual Appearance > Show Bookmarks In Vertical Scroll Bar option.
- Added Text Editor > Visual Appearance > Show Errors In Vertical Scroll Bar option.
- Added Text Editor > Visual Appearance > Show Warnings In Vertical Scroll Bar option.
- Improved appearance of gutter icons on high resolution displays.
- Fixed crash using Edit > Selection > Increase Line Endent when virtual space is enabled and a block of text is selected extendin past the end of the file.
- Fixed syntax coloring of integer literals containing single quote separators.
- C/C++ syntax highlighter now highlights stdint.h types.
- The Text Editor > Visual Appearance > Font Rendering environment option now defaults to Proportional.
- Added pkg command line package manager tool.
- Environment > User Interface > Show Large Icons In Toolbar environment option now defaults to Auto.
- Terminal window color scheme can now be customized.
- Added support for 8-bit and 24-bit color selection escape codes in terminal window.
- The Open Linker Map File project explorer option now opens HTML map files in external web browser.
- Added optional installation of big and little endian libraries.
- Added optional installation of default libcxx packages.
- Updated segger-cc compiler to version 13.0.1
- Updated segger-cc-ng compiler to version 13.92.1
- Add macro $(MemorySegments) to link pre/post build commands.
- Fixed section naming of segger-rtl assembly coded functions.
- Updated segger-ld to version 4.22.1.
- Added "Generate Listing File" project property.
- The macro $(MemorySegments) is now the default memory simulation parameter.
- Updated J-Link software to version V7.60c.
- Fixed paste keyboard accelerator being handled by editor when focused in the find in files dialog (macOS only).
- Fixed the 'Flat Search Result Output' checkbox in the find and replace window's settings dropdown not showing the current state.
- Updated segger-cc compiler to version 13.0.0
- Updated segger-cc-ng compiler to version 13.91.1
- Fixed arm_neon.h so that it can compile with both segger-cc and clang compilers.
- Updated segger-ld to version 4.18.0.
- Updated segger-rtl to version 2.30.0.
- Updated J-Link software to version V7.58b.
- Improved performance of delimiter matching when editing a large file.
- Fixed preprocessor tools to use segger-cc when it is set as the compiler variant.
- Fixed Linux file association.
- Updated segger-cc compiler to version 12.4.0
- Updated segger-cc-ng compiler to version 12.95.0
- Updated the GCC/BINUTILS tools build to use the GNU ARM Embedded Toolchain 10.3-2021.10 source release.
- Fixed size display of unsized arrays in variables display.
- Display C file level statics and C++ static members in globals window.
- Updated J-Link software to version V7.56d.
- The Set Active Project dialog now initially selects the current active project.
- Updated segger-rtl to version 2.28.0.
- Updated the LLVM/Clang tools build to use the 13.0.0 source release.
- Updated segger-ld to version 4.16.1.
- Updated J-Link software to version V7.56a.
- Fixed tab characters not being inserted when in block selection mode.
- Fixed positioning of cursor when carrying out a block insertion past the end of a line and the Use Tabs option is set to Yes.
- Editor now syntax colors files with .html file extensions.
- Fixed problem reading the environment.xml file on certain systems.
- Project Explorer context menu action Save Solution As... now generates a sorted project file.
- Updated segger-cc compiler to version 12.2.4
- Updated segger-cc-ng compiler to version 12.93.2
- Updated segger-rtl to version 2.24.0.
- Fixed removing of project output files when project items are removed/added/excluded.
- Fixed -show option for emBuild.
- Updated the GCC/BINUTILS tools build to use the GNU ARM Embedded Toolchain 10.3-2021.07 source release.
- Updated segger-ld to version 4.14.0.
- Display secure/non-secure MSPLIM, PSPLIM in CPU register group.
- Fixed crash when displaying libcxx containers.
- Fixed simulated pkhbt, pkhtb instructions.
- Fixed variable view tooltip truncating uint64_t decimal values to 19 digits.
- Fix simulator implementation of stm!/push when the base register is stored.
- Add array slice to debug expressions.
- Updated J-Link software to version V7.54b.
- Fixed syntax coloring of numerical escape codes.
- Fixed syntax coloring of #include filenames.
- Fixed incorrect indentation when inserting a tab character before another tab character.
- Fixed the find in files dialog not remembering the "Search In" selection between sessions.
- Fixed the find in files dialog not enabling the find button under certain circumstances.
- Fixed font selection when using macOS 12 (Monterey) BETA.
- The project explorer's build configuration combo box now displays the configuration name as the tooltip if the configuration name is wider than the combo box.
- The build configuration search now matches on each word rather than the entire string.
- Assembly code syntax colorer now colors FIXME, ATTENTION and Lint comment tags.
- Package manager groups can now be collapsed and expanded.
- Double clicking in terminal windows now selects words.
- Added BuildLinkProject command (Ctrl+P, K).
- Added OpenLinkerLogFile command (Ctrl+P, G).
- Added OpenLinkerMapFile command (Ctrl+P, M).
- Added "Show Labels In Disassembly" and "Show Source In Disassembly" environment options to disassembly window context menu.
- Fixed project window keyboard accelerators not being enabled and disabled correctly when selecting project nodes.
- Fixed manual package installation not selecting all dependee packages for installation.
- Fixed display of find and replace window results containing tabs.
- Updated segger-cc compiler to version 12.2.1
- Updated segger-cc-ng compiler to version 12.91.6
- Changed the default Library Optimization to Balanced.
- Updated the LLVM/Clang tools build to use the 12.0.1 source release.
- Updated segger-ld to version 4.12.1.
- Updated segger-rtl to version 2.22.0.
- Add simulator support for FPv5 vrint/vcvt instructions.
- Updated J-Link software to version V7.52b.
- Fixed crash after closing disassembly window.
- Fixed crash when using find in files to search in the current document and there is no editor currently focused.
- Build log can now handle colored compiler diagnostics.
- Floating point registers will now be displayed in floating point format when Decimal format is selected.
- Manual package install now removes existing version of package if already installed.
- Improved appearance of macOS combo box dropdowns containing icons.
- Fixed external tools not appearing when the match element is omitted from the tool definition in external tools file.
- Fixed crash when carrying out clipboard operations on files located in output files folder.
- Fixed display of tab characters in terminal emulator window.
- Fixed property values in project explorer not updating when modified using dark theme.
- The selected folder in the find and replace window is now persistent between sessions.
- Opening the new project wizard while debugging now shows the "Stop debugging?" prompt.
- Fixed editor grouping C/C++ source and header files together in the "Single Title Button For All Documents" file selection menu.
- Updated segger-cc compiler to version 12.0.1
- Updated segger-cc-ng compiler to version 12.91.0
- Add Balanced segger-rtl library builds, selectable with Library Optimization property.
- Updated J-Link software to version V7.20b.
- Memory usage window no longer displays zero length segments.
- Fixed drag and drop of files on macOS.
- Updated segger-cc compiler to version 12.0.0
- Add project property Enable Use Of __cxa_atexit.
- Updated segger-ld to version 4.10.1.
- Updated the LLVM/Clang tools build to use the 12.0.0 source release.
- Add support for target input when RTT/SWO Library I/O is used.
- Set the compiler property Use Builtins default to Yes.
- Copy text selection in the memory window now copies the exact text to the clipboard.
- Fixed syntax coloring of disassembly when visible whitespace option is enabled.
- Add support for ITM_RxBuffer/ITM_RXBUFFER_EMPTY for target input.
- Updated J-Link software to version V7.20.
- Fixed scrolling with horizontal scroll wheel.
- Go to definition and declaration operations now highlight the symbol being searched for.
- Fixed the previous horizontal scroll position not being correctly restored when opening a solution and the editor is not docked in the default dock site.
- Fixed the previous cursor column position not being restored when opening a solution.
- C/C++ syntax coloring is now applied to files with no extension.
- Added "String", "String Delimiter", "String Escape", "XML Delimiter", "Spelling Error", "Line Number" and "Line Number Highlight" to customizable color scheme.
- Added EditDeleteLine command (Ctrl+Shift+L).
- Fixed text appearing behind editor scroll bars when using dark theme.
- Added Export to Text Editor to debug terminal.
- Line editor now scrolls when cursor reaches button or status message rather than removing it.
- Fixed file selector combo box not moving file list if parent window is moved.
- Fixed file selector combo box keeping file list on top of all windows.
- Fixed selecting of files from the file selector combo box file list when using the mouse.
- Find dialogs now preserve the state of the show options button.
- Fixed BinaryFile.pokeUint32() script function ignoring the littleEndian option.
- Add support for ARMv8.1-M architecture and Cortex-M55 processor.
- Fixed display of multi-line ltollvm errors and warnings in tasks output window.
- The build macro $(RelInputDir) is set to dot for files that are not relative to the project.
- Updated segger-cc compiler to version 11.4.4
- Updated segger-cc-ng compiler to version 11.95.1
- Updated segger-rtl to version 2.4.2.
- Updated segger-ld to version 4.10.0.
- Updated the LLVM/Clang tools build to use the 11.1.0 source release.
- Add project property Compile C Files As C++.
- Fixed GDB server target interface not working with GDB servers that do not support no ACK mode.
- Fixed crash when GDB server terminates during debug session.
- Fixed crash when debugging if evaluating a preprocessor definition that expands to itself.
- Improved error reporting if download fails using J-Link target interface.
- Changing the PC value in the registers window will now updated the debugger windows.
- The registers window splits up the cfbp register group into individual registers.
- Fixed clang/segger-cc use of WCHAR_MAX with "Wide Character Size" set to "32-Bit".
- Fixed output window still showing 'Working' after chip erase operation has completed.
- Updated J-Link software to version V6.98c.
- Fixed syntax coloring of XML comments.
- Fixed incorrect syntax coloring of certain C/C++ comments containing ampersand characters.
- Fixed syntax coloring of XML documents when visible whitespace option is enabled.
- Fixed highlighting of text containing tab characters.
- Fixed highlighting of text containing whitespace characters when visible whitespace option is enabled..
- Fixed syntax coloring of single line comments started with the '@' character in ARM assembly code.
- The editor now supports highlighting of C/C++ raw string literals.
- Improved graying of inactive code on lines containing C preprocessor directives.
- Fixed duplicated " or < characters when selecting #include code suggestions.
- Scroll wheel can now be used while selecting text with the mouse.
- Auto-indentation now uses the indentation level of the last non-empty line if enter is pressed on an empty line.
- Project Explorer context menu action Convert to Regular Folder now operates recursively and can subsequently be modified like a regular folder.
- Fixed edit actions (cut, copy etc) on project nodes in Project Explorer.
- Fixed Code Outline window not updating when editor is saved.
- Dropping project files onto the dashboard window will now open the project in the project explorer.
- Manual package installation now warns of package dependency errors when the depdendee package is unknown to the package system.
- Fixed crash when activating J-Link license and user does not have permission to access J-Link.
- Line numbers are now shown in find and replace results.
- Replace Run Static Code Analyzer with Analyze action on project explorer context menu.
- clang-tidy now used for Static Code Analyzer, checks are specified in project property Clang Tidy Checks.
- Add project property Analyze After Compile to enable the analyzer to run when a source file is compiled.
- Updated the LLVM/Clang tools build to use the 11.0.1 source release.
- Updated segger-cc-ng compiler to version 11.93.2
- Updated segger-cc compiler to version 11.4.3
- Added 64-bit view to memory window.
- Updated J-Link software to version V6.94a.
- Add support in registers window to display double precision registers in various NEON formats.
- Add debug support for restrict types.
- Fixed memory usage window incorrectly representing empty sections.
- Added linker and section placement chooser to new Generic project types.
- Debug terminal no longer erases line if the line been output ends with "\r\r\n".
- Debug support added to gcc LTO built executables.
- Fixed gcc LTO support for C++ programs that have the same symbol defined multiple times.
- Fixed llvm LTO support discarding weak symbol definitions.
- The build macros $(RelInputDir) and $(RelInputPath) are now defined for project level build commands.
- Updated SEGGER linker to version 4.6.0.
- Fixed section renaming when using clang compiler.
- Escape ; in exported build commands on Linux/macOS.
- Updated segger-cc compiler to version 11.2.2
- Updated the GCC/BINUTILS tools build to use the GCC ARM Embedded Toolchain 10-2020-q4-major source release.
- Updated segger-cc-ng compiler to version 11.93.0
- Fixed simulator setting carry flag on thumb2 register shifted lsls, lsrs, asrs and rors instructions.
- Updated J-Link software to version V6.92.
- Add support for displaying double precision registers d16-d31 with J-Link target interface.
- Fixed memory usage window incorrectly representing sections that span multiple segments.
- Add Linker Search Path option to linker options.
- Fixed double counting of initialized data size statistic in project explorer.
- Fixed lock up when removing Externally Built projects that have the Clean Command property set.
- Updated SEGGER linker to version 4.2.0.
- Improved type interpretation for STLPort, libstdc++ and added support for libc++.
- Add support for .debug_macinfo debug sections.
- Updated J-Link software to version V6.88b.
- Improved appearance of memory usage windows when window is small.
- .icf files are now distributed in native EOL style.
- Add Disable Function Inlining option to code generation options.
- Optimization levels 0-4 are now supplied to the llvm LTO compiler.
- Improved import of projects containing multiple post build steps (Nordic edition only).
- Updated segger-cc compiler to version 11.2.0
- Updated segger-cc-ng compiler to version 11.91.2
- Fixed umaal implementation in simulator.
- Fixed Debugger > Restrict Memory Access using ELF file to determine target address ranges.
- Added Debug > GDB Server > Breakpoint Types project option.
- Updated J-Link software to version V6.88a.
- Double clicking on HTML linker map file in project explorer will now open the file in a web browser.
- Symbol renaming of __vfprintf/__vfscanf/__do_debug_operation done by linker command-line rather than in generated ld script.
- rtti can now be used without exceptions enabled.
- Fixed crash when adding files to project folder with no project node selected.
- Updated SEGGER linker to version 3.12.0.
- Added --map-listing-with-comments and --no-map-listing-with-comments.
- Added --map-listing-prefer-adr and --no-map-listing-prefer-adr.
- Added --map-listing-prefer-ldr-literal and --no-map-listing-prefer-ldr-literal.
- Changed map sections selected by each verbosity level.
- Upgraded to use latest SEGGER Disassembler with instruction set decoding fixes.
- Updated the LLVM/Clang tools build to use the 11.0.0 source release.
- Updated segger-cc-ng compiler to version 11.91.1
- Updated segger-cc compiler to version 11.0.3
- Updated SEGGER Compiler/Assembler/Linker to Release 20 October 2020
- Fixed clang/segger-cc LTO build when Keep Assembly Source enabled.
- Fixed clang/segger-cc compiler option for Merge Globals.
- Added SWO to Library I/O option.
- Object file disassembly now contains intermixed source code.
- Fixed NaN detection in simulator.
- Improved disassembly window's update speed when scrolling.
- Updated J-Link software to version V6.86e.
- Fixed extension of multi-line cursor after multi-line text insert.
- Fixed matching of delimiters that are within strings.
- Fixed tab characters not being used for auto indentation when tabs are enabled.
- Fixed loading of files from a file system that does not support file locking (Windows only).
- Fixed project explorer's Open With > System Web Browser menu option doing nothing on Linux.
- Fixed opening of package source files from help contents window.
- Fixed file selector dialog not remembering selected file type filter.
- Fixed GUI locking up when find in files on large files.
- Correct names of 64-bit clz/ctz helper functions.
- Fixed vfscanf implementation always including support for character classes.
- Added missing wide character, float point implementations of vfprintf.
- Add support for ARMv8 architectures to intrinsics.h.
- Fixed passing Additional Assembler Options to compile step assembler command.
- Updated SEGGER linker to version 3.00.
- Add SEGGER RTL includes/libraries and project option to select.
- Add Run Preprocessor option to assembler options.
- Updated the GCC/BINUTILS tools build to use the GCC ARM Embedded Toolchain 9-2020-q2-update source release.
- Fixed helper_name definition in SEGGER_Thumb_Startup.s
- Added BinaryFile.loadAppend() script function.
- Updated SEGGER compiler to version 10.6.2
- Add Confirm Automatically Build Before Debug environment option.
- Improve cast support in debug expressions.
- Error now displayed when GDB server breakpoints cannot be set.
- Add Erase All project property.
- Fixed watch windows resetting the radix of child nodes when parent node is selected.
- Replace Clear Disassembly Breakpoints On Debug Stop with Disassembly Breakpoints environment option.
- Source breakpoints are shown in the disassembly window and vice-versa.
- Add debugger project option Alternative LDR Disassembly.
- Updated J-Link software to version V6.82c.
- Fixed code formatter corrupting characters that cannot be represented using Latin 1 character encoding.
- Fixed code formatter marking file as modified when it has made no changes to the file.
- Fixed code formatter removing all breakpoints and bookmarks.
- Fixed file auto recovery appending characters to the end of recovered file in some circumstances.
- Updated code templates to fit SEGGER coding standard.
- Selection highlight is now visible on text that has a background color specified in the color scheme.
- Fixed syntax coloring of assembly files not working when visible whitespace is enabled.
- Shift+Tab now reduces indentation of current line when no text has been selected.
- Text editor's horizontal scroll bar now uses maximum line length for maximum scroll value.
- Changed the Linux version's default keyboard shortcut for the EditUppercase command to "Ctrl+K, U" in order to avoid a clash with the Ibus input method's default Unicode Code Point shortcut. The original key sequence of "Ctrl+Shift+U" remains defined as an alternative shortcut.
- Added Edit > Selection > Toggle Comment (Ctrl+K, Ctrl+/) command.
- Selection comment and uncomment operations now add and remove comments at indentation level of selection rather than only at the start of the line.
- Added syntax highlighting for Python source files.
- Fixed inactive code coloring being cleared when file is saved.
- Fixed navigation commands being disabled when file is saved.
- The Edit > Others > Duplicate (Ctrl+D) command will now duplicate selected text.
- Spell check now ignores camel case words.
- Fixed launcher presenting option to select from two identical versions of ES when 32-bit Windows variant is installed on 64-bit Windows system.
- Fixed crash when opening editors on project load.
- Fixed the restoring of main window position when located on a display arranged above or to the left of the display containing the menu bar (macOS only).
- Fixed context menus not appearing on a display arranged above the display containing the menu bar (macOS only).
- Fixed crash when starting and stopping the debugger using the editor toolbar buttons.
- Symbol browser, watch, trace and register windows now save exported text files to the project directory by default.
- Memory usage window now shows the percentage used of segments and sections.
- Build summary now shows size of segments.
- Memory window columns are now grouped in auto column mode.
- Fixed crash when closing license dialog while request for free license activation is in progress.
- Fixed and improved definitions of wchar_t, WCHAR_MAX and WCHAR_MIN in header files.
- Fixed output of floating point numbers using printf when precision value is 1 and the Code > Printf/Scanf > Printf Floating Point Supported project property is set to Float.
- Fixed nRF Connect SDK project configurer error when an attribute value contains a quote character.
- Updated the LLVM/Clang tools build to use the 10.0.0 source release.
- Added Windows > Project Explorer > Check Solution Target option.
- Files now appear in alphabetical order when dragging and dropping them into a project explorer folder.
- Updated SEGGER compiler to version 10.0.0
- Fixed Left-justify printf format directive.
- Fixed connection failure when using "IP tunnel" in the J-Link > Host Connection property.
- Fixed source file identification when debugging multiple elf files.
- Debug > Debug With Ozone now uses the correct default Ozone installation location when no executable is specified (macOS only).
- Updated J-Link software to version V6.70a.
- Fixed syntax coloring of hex floating point constants.
- Added Text Editor > Visual Appearance > View Whitespace option.
- Fixed block editing on lines containing tab characters.
- Added Edit > Others > Toggle Column Guide.
- Added new solution launcher that starts the appropriate variant of Embedded Studio if the target attribute is defined in the solution. This can be enabled and disabled using the Environment > Launcher Enabled environent option.
- Fixed appearance of memory usage windows when window is small.
- Fixed display of non-printable characters in binary editor.
- The binary editor font can now be specified using the Environment > User Interface > Application Monospace Font option.
- macOS application bundle paths can now be used when specifying the location of external executables.
- First run project now created only if one does not exist already.
- Fixed first menu item sometimes being selected when project explorer context menu is opened with mouse or track pad (macOS only).
- Fixed display of non-printable characters in binary editor.
- Updated SEGGER compiler to version 1.12.
- Fixed crash with ElfDwarf files containing .debug_types section.
- Updated J-Link software to version V6.62a.
- Fixed timeout problems with TargetInterface.runFromToAddress (and variants) when used with J-Link target interface.
- Fixed crash after deleting entries from clipboard ring window.
- Fixed dashboard window's package status box not returning to green after all packages have been updated.
- The User Include Directories are supplied to the assembler to support .include and .incbin directives.
- Updated the LLVM/Clang tools build to use the 9.0.1 source release.
- Fixed lock up when removing Externally Built projects that have the Clean Command property set.
- Corrected integerization of floating values (Thumb-2 instruction set only).
- Fixed new project wizard's build configuration selector selecting incorrect configurations with some project templates.
- Add cJTAG to Target Interface Type project property.
- Fix cycle counter update for v7m targets.
- Fixed displaying breakpoints on code lines in startup completion symbol before startup completion has occured.
- Add embOS, FreeRTOS and ChibiOS threads scripts to $(StudioDir)/samples.
- Updated shipped J-Link software to V6.62.
- Fixed block uppercase and lowercase operations when block has been marked from top right to bottom left.
- Fixed .elf files not appearing in the Target > Download File > Download Elf File... and Target > Verify File > Verify Elf File... file browsers.
- Keyboard options dialog now displays command descriptions as a tooltip.
- Changed compiler optimization levels. Optimization levels for existing projects will still work as expected.
- Fixed hard fault when calling V6M floating point library functions.
- Fixed generation of projects from a project template when file nodes have parent folder nodes containing no files.
- Updated the GCC/BINUTILS tools build to use the GCC ARM Embedded Toolchain 9-2019-q4-major source release.
- Added Use Compiler Driver project property.
- Added fixed point implementation of expf selected when Library Optimization is set to Fast.
- Project explorer code and data size is now displayed as bytes when less than 1K.
- Updated nRF MDK package included with Nordic distribution to version 8.29.0.
- Project property Access Variables Within Memory Map Only changed to Restrict Memory Access.
- Changing the ARM Core Type project property now updates the ARM Architecture property.
- Supplied SEGGER compiler and added SEGGER to the compiler project option.
- Fixed crash when PC Sampling used with J-Link.
- Increased the nested structure depth that can be displayed in watch windows.
- Add Load Begin Script and Load End Script project properties.
- SVD dim elements can now be specified as hex numbers.
- Updated shipped J-Link software to V6.60.
- Fixed text editor auto recovery duplicating end-of-line terminators when file being edited is in DOS format on a UNIX system.
- Fixed incorrect calculation of caret width when using proportional fonts.
- Added missing close button on code editor find and replace dialog.
- Fixed broken dashboard link to first run Hello project.
- Fixed menu descriptions not appearing on status bar (Windows and Linux only).
- Fixed crash whilst using package manager on some macOS Catalina machines.
- Fixed resizing of device selection dialog.
- Ctrl+F5 is now mapped to Debug.Break command by default rather than DebugExecuteActive.
- Fixed resizing of property editor dialogs.
- Fixed IDE not responding after closing project and clicking cancel option if session file cannot be written.
- Linux installer now installs J-Link udev rules file.
- Added additional file icons in order to improve appearance at smaller sizes (Linux only).
- Fixed inability to remove licenses with Linux license manager.
- Fixed display of combined regions in memory usage window.
- Updated the LLVM/Clang tools build to use the 9.0.0 source release.
- stddef.h offsetof macro now uses _builtin_offsetof.
- Fixed Windows > Project Explorer > Read Only Data in Code option working the wrong way around.
- Updated SEGGER linker to version 2.34.
- Add build environment option to use the compiler driver cc.
- Faster floating point performance when linking with libraries optimized for speed.
- Fixed simulator leaving pc on next instruction on b . detection.
- Add Load Additional Projects project property to enable a project to load the outputs of other projects.
- Fixed single stepping when using GDB server target connection.
- Added Debug > GDB Server > Read Timeout and Debug > GDB Server > Write Timeout options.
- Fixed GDB server target connection permitting FLASH erase regions to extend past the end of FLASH.
- Updated shipped J-Link software to V6.52d.
- Fixed crash when using Edit > Column Tidy and a comment is selected.
- Fixed auto-complete suggestion being inserted when enter key is pressed immediately after closing suggestion dialog with mouse click.
- Fixed find in files dialog not disabling find button when search text field is empty.
- Fixed crash when using Find References on a preprocessor definition defined on the command line.
- Fixed project explorer not sorting tree when files are added using drag and drop.
- Add Generate Assembler Listing File project property.
- Added Debugging > GDB Server Options > Register Access property.
- Added support for pyOCD GDB server.
- Add support for ARM semihosting.
- Updated shipped J-Link software to V6.50a.
- Fixed the Replace in selection option not appearing on the find and replace dialog when only a single line is selected.
- Fixed selected text not adjusting size when carrying out a replace in selection.
- Fixed goto definition.
- Fixed positioning of dashboard "Install All Updates" button when window width is small.
- Added v8mml libraries to Nordic distribution.
- Updated support packages included in Nordic distribution.
- Default linker scripts now place segment specific sections first.
- Fixed crash when creating an empty solution.
- Updated the GCC/BINUTILS tools build to use the GCC ARM Embedded Toolchain 8-2019-q3-update source release.
- Updated shipped J-Link software to V6.48b.
- Added GDB server target connection.
- Fixed caret not being visible with certain fonts when located at the end of a line and an underline caret style is selected.
- Editor no longer outputs syntax errors to stderr when carrying out code completion.
- Editor now displays number of lines and columns selected when selecting text.
- PDF documentation now included in help window search results.
- Help window search now updates while typing.
- Fixed dashboard package status pane not being updated when packages are installed.
- Added dashboard button to update all packages.
- Added .init_rodata section to samples/SEGGER_Flash.icf.
- Fixed "V8M Mainline" and "FPv5-SP-D16" library build variants.
- Pre-Build and Post-Build commands no longer apply to clean operation.
- Fixed vfprintf %f format when Printf Floating Point Supported is set to Float.
- Added __SEGGER_LINKER and __GNU_LINKER preprocessor definitions.
- SEGGER Linker reports blocks that cannot be placed with enhanced error details.
- SEGGER Linker Module Summary section of the map file is now sorted in file name order.
- Build log window's memory usage summary now displays small sizes in bytes.
- Removed fixed point implementations of expf, logf and tanhf from the C library.
- Fixed crash when LTO processing of big endian object files.
- Fixed -template option on crossbuild.
- The preprocessor define __HEAP_SIZE__ is now set to the value of the Heap Size project property.
- Added Debug Location toolbar.
- Added additional Debug Symbols File and Debug Symbols Load Address project properties.
- Added Run To Control project property and changed Run To to break on entry if empty.
- Fix watch window latching the initial size of array variables.
- Added Debug > Debugger > Debug Terminal Log File project property.
- Updated shipped J-Link software to V6.46h.
- Fixed caret not being visible with certain fonts when located in virtual space.
- Significantly improved speed of selection deletion when editing large files.
- Added Hide/Show toolbar on editor context menu.
- Fixed goto definition opening a relative include file under certain circumstances.
- Code editor will no longer match braces, brackets or parenthesis located within comments.
- Fixed incorrect syntax coloring of C comments introduced with the /*!< character sequence.
- Fixed crash when starting a build with a keyboard accelerator whilst the code suggestion popup is visible.
- Fixed breakpointable line markers not appearing on lines that have a temporary breakpoint set.
- Fixed delete forward key deleting two characters when code suggestion dialog is visible.
- Fixed open with external browser (macOS only).
- Package manager can now be opened from the new project dialog.
- New project file selection puts files into the folders.
- Register window's group selector popup now displays a scroll bar if there are more groups available than will fit on the display.
- Restrict license check to active project selection.
- Added C++14 sized deallocation functions.
- Updated SEGGER linker to version 2.26.
- Fixed crash when calling character type functions and UTF-8 locale codeset has been selected.
- Fixed link error when providing user defined __user_find_locale function.
- Fixed iswspace function not recognising some characters as spaces when UTF-8 locale codeset has been selected.
- Updated the GCC/BINUTILS tools build to use the GCC ARM Embedded Toolchain 8-2018-q4-major source release.
- Updated the LLVM/Clang tools build to use the 7.0.1 source release.
- Pre-Build and Post-Build commands now work with solution and batch builds and on dependent projects.
- Replaced environment options Enable All Warnings Command Line Options and Enforce ANSI Checking Command Line Options with project properties Enable All Warnings Command Line Options, Enable All Warnings C Compiler Only Command Line Options and Enable All Warnings C++ Compiler Only Command Line Options.
- Added Enforce ANSI Checking C Command Line Options and Enforce ANSI Checking C++ Command Line Options.
- Add support for ARMv8-A/R AAarch32 architecture.
- Add __clz*i2, __ctz*i2, __popcount*i2 and __parity*i2 helper functions to C library.
- Add stdatomic.h and helper functions to C library.
- Fix include file dependency generation when Keep Preprocessor Output is enabled.
- Fixed SEGGER linker crash when application contains references to unresolved weak symbols.
- Fixed linker script generation and memory usage display when memory segment ends at 0xFFFFFFFF.
- Added Debug > Target Control > Check Load Sections Fit Target Description project property.
- Fixed incorrect "load section does not fit the target description" error message.
- Fixed saving of TI hex files from memory window.
- Fixed memory window not updating after loading memory from a file.
- Add support for Cortex-A53 executing in AArch32 non-secure state.
- Debugger will display data on debug terminal that is written to the ARM/CortexA/R DCC channel when debugio is not enabled.
- Support ignore count for execution breakpoints.
- Fixed crash clearing execution profile window when not debugging.
- Updated shipped J-Link software to V6.44d.
- Auto-surround text is no longer activated when using block selection.
- Scroll line up and scroll line down operations now move cursor into visible area if it is off-screen.
- Fixed crash when closing editors.
- Fixed code suggestion dialog not highlighting selected item with correct colour when dark theme is selected.
- The colour of column guide bars can now be modified.
- Fixed caret not being visible with certain fonts when an underline caret style is selected.
- Editor keyboard accelerators will now activate when code suggestion popup is visible.
- Added Text Editor > Visual Appearance > Mate Match Off Screen option.
- Fixed crash when dragging a window icon over the icon of another window in the the same docking area.
- Fixed register selection pins in register window doing nothing when clicked.
- Fixed crash when closing editor windows with the code outline window active.
- Added option to open file with external editor to project explorer context menu.
- Fixed package manager not correctly uninstalling legacy packages.
- Improved terminal emulator receive performance when using high baud rates.
- Added ProjectExplorerExcludeFromBuild keyboard command.
- Debug terminal now handles carriage return characters.
- Fixed reassignment of FindUsingGoogle command shortcut not being remembered.
- Removed text menu separators on macOS.
- Fixed the recent projects list not being updated when project is opened from the recent projects window.
- Fixed pinning of projects not working in the recent projects window.
- Improved resizing of dynamic folder properties window.
- Fixed crash when docking windows.
- Fixed crash when attempting to create a directory on a Windows drive that does not exist.
- Improved appearance of list view titles when using dark theme.
- Added Internet > HTTP Caching environment option.
- Added Package Manager > Verify Package Downloads environment option.
- Fixed waypoint back and forward keyboard accelerators not working on macOS.
- Added Company-wide License option.
- Fixed placement of .data_tcm_run section in default flash_to_tcm_placement.xml file.
- Added "Unaligned Access Support" code generation option.
- Added "Link Time Optimization" code generation option.
- Updated the LLVM/Clang tools build to use the 7.0.0 source release.
- Added SEGGER linker version 2.25 and project options to set command line options --dedupe-code, --dedupe-data, --inline and --merge-strings.
- Added support for ARM Compiler 6 when importing Keil MDK projects.
- Fixed output of floating point numbers using printf when precision value is 1.
- Fixed use of section attributes in source code when the same section has been renamed using the section name project properties.
- Fixed linker script not being regenerated when Code > Linker > Additional Linker Script Generator Options property is modified.
- Setting the Code > Linker > Check For Memory Segment Overflow property to No no longer disables unplaced sections checks from the GNU LD linker script. These checks can now be disabled by adding the -no-check-unplaced-sections option to the Code > Linker > Additional Linker Script Generator Options property.
- Fixed --gap-fill option not being passed to objcopy if the Code > Linker > Additional Output File Gap Fill Value property is set to 0x00. Clear this property if existing behaviour is required.
- Fixed crash when target connection is lost or reset.
- Ozone project filename now includes active project name and build configuration.
- Fixed watch window variables not being updated correctly after they have been modified.
- Updated shipped J-Link software to V6.34h.
- Fixed potential crash when code suggestion popup is displayed and an Alt key combination is pressed.
- Changed default text editor font size to 10pt.
- Comments are no longer displayed as an italic font by default.
- Improved IDE start up and project loading time when a lot of editors are open.
- Added Environment > User Interface > Theme option (Windows and Linux versions only).
- Fixed sporadic crash when IDE is starting up.
- Editor tabs can now be reordered.
- Editor tab order is now preserved in session file.
- Project files can now be drag and dropped into the project explorer in order to load them.
- Fixed missing environment settings when Japanese system locale is selected.
- Fixed slow register window search.
- Fixed list view windows not using the Environment > User Interface > Application Monospace Font property.
- Added SEGGER assembler technology preview.
- Added --warn-empty-selects command line option for SEGGER linker.
- Fixed crash when evaluating certain dwarf information.
- Fixed crash while disassembling a line with a long symbol name.
- Updated shipped J-Link software to V6.34f.
- Fixed crash if tab size gets set to 0.
- Changed Project > Edit Options... to Project > Options....
- Add support for SEGGER linker.
- Fixed crash when building on a machine with more that 16 cores.
- Batch builds are now done in parallel.
- Updated the GCC/BINUTILS tools build to use the GCC ARM Embedded Toolchain 7-2018-q2-update source release.
- Updated the LLVM/Clang tools build to use the 6.0.1 source release.
- Added -disable-missing-runin-error linker script generator option.
- Added Code > Linker > Additional Linker Script Generator Options project property.
- Multiple run in sections can now be specified in section placement file.
- Updated shipped J-Link software to V6.32i.
- Fixed using Alt+Tab when quick search window is visible (Linux only).
- Added Text Editor > Programmer Assistance > Code Completion Selection Key option.
- Added EditMoveSelectedLineUp and EditMoveSelectedLineDown commands and assigned them to Alt+Up and Alt+Down keys.
- Added Text Editor > Programmer Assistance > Code Completion Replaces Existing Word option.
- Fixed incorrectly displayed parameters in code suggestion popup when showing overloaded functions.
- Fixed use of tab key when function prototypes are displayed in code suggestion popup.
- Add capability to import eclipse .project/.cproject files as supplied with STM32Cube sample projects.
- Fixed crash when closing editor windows when code outline window is open.
- Fixed processing of multiple backspace characters in text output windows.
- Fixed crash in outline window when viewing certain C++ code.
- Added terminal emulator window.
- Fixed missing clipboard operations from text output window's context menu.
- Line edit property editors now initially selected.
- Fixed crash in stack usage window viewing certain .elf files.
- Added Environment > Find and Replace > Greedy Regular Expressions environment option.
- Add support for Cortex-R7, Cortex-R8, Cortex-A15 and Cortex-A17 processor cores.
- Added "V8M Has DSP Instructions" project option.
- Added "V8M Mainline" and "FPv5-SP-D16" library build variants.
- Fix tdata placement in Cortex-M placement files.
- Added c++1z and gnu++1z C++ language standard options.
- Replaced gcc c++ exception handling code with llvm equivalent.
- Fixed command line generated when "Keep Preprocessor Output" is enabled.
- Improved parallel build performance on Linux and macOS hosts.
- Fixed $(FPU) and $(FPABI) macro definitions for external build commands.
- Add $(Undefines) macro definitions for external build commands.
- Renamed Linker option "Section Placement Segments" to Build option "Memory Segments" and is now available for "Externally Built Executable" project types.
- Added __SES_VERSION preprocessor definition.
- Updated the LLVM/Clang tools build to use the 6.0.0 source release.
- Fixed emScript crash when defining a global variable on the command line without a value.
- Supplied versions of arm_neon.h that are compatible with the supplied gcc and clang compilers.
- Command line builder now implements -verbose, default is to build silently.
- Added Code Generation option "ARM Advanced SIMD Auto Vectorize" to enable loop vectorizing in the compilers.
- Added prototype for __putchar() to stdio.h.
- sys/stat.h now declares mode_t and off_t types.
- Added $(UnixTime) system macro.
- Removed deprecated throw declarations in new header file.
- Fixed crash if something is entered in the disassembly window's expression input when not debugging.
- Word and half-word writes to SWO channel 0 are now displayed in the debug terminal.
- Avoid update of live watch window during J-Link download.
- Avoid deletion of breakpoints when disconnecting from J-Link.
- Improve debug when compiler option "Supply Absolute File Path" is set to "No".
- Fixed crash when quick watch used on a C++ struct containing member functions.
- Enhanced Threads window to be able to display additional RTOS queues.
- Fixed download progress bar showing negative ETA and 0.0 KB total download size on Linux and macOS versions.
- Add support for TargetInterface.runFromAddress in target script.
- Fixed inability to add items to the watch window when periodic update is enabled.
- Edited source files will not be used by the debugger.
- Updated shipped J-Link software to V6.32c.
- The Text Editor > Programmer Assistance > Check Spelling environment option now defaults to No.
- Fixed code formatting of a selected block not working correctly when the Tab Cleanup On Save option is enabled.
- Fixed NULL being inserted into text file when CTRL+Space is pressed on Linux version of the code editor.
- Added replace in selection to the find dialog's find options summary.
- Fixed freezing of IDE when saving a large text file and the Delete Trailing Space On Save option is enabled.
- Improved performance of tabify and untabify operations.
- Cursor now moved if it is on a location that is deleted by the code formatter.
- Added Formatting > Empty Lines At End Of File option.
- Fixed Find Extras context menu not correctly showing the text that will be searched for.
- Added Text Editor > Formatting > Use .clang-format File formatting option.
- Auto comment no longer activates when in block selection mode.
- Added Text Editor > International > Auto-Detect UTF-8 option.
- Fixed text editor tooltip not working when word starts on first column.
- Fixed goto definition not working correctly when definition has been selected.
- Tab key now indents only if selection is multi-line.
- Find in files dialog can now be opened using Ctrl+Shift+F from the incremental find dialog.
- Added missing close button on code editor find dialog.
- Pasting of a block selection is now done as a block insertion even if the text editor has lost focus.
- Add environment option to enable the text editor to display section headers of ELF files.
- Fixed generation of unexpected characters when composing a character with ` ' or ^ keys.
- Reinstated default ALT-F5 keyboard mapping to DebugStartOzone command.
- Fixed crash when using a display with a 16-bit color depth.
- Fixed HUD windows not closing when all docked windows have been closed or removed.
- Fixed crash when changing active projects while Source Navigator is running.
- Check boxes in project system dialogs can now be toggled by a single click.
- Fixed menu key not opening context menu in watch and register windows.
- Improved appearance of list view check boxes when using display scaling.
- Property editor dialogs can now be resized.
- Added "Debug Entry Point" debugging option.
- Remove .plist files created by clang static analyzer.
- Fixed long window captions in some popup windows.
- Fixed find window's file extension filter not being saved when using Find Extras options.
- Fixed find window's additional options summary not being displayed when options are concealed.
- Find window's additional options summary now includes file extension filter.
- Full file path now displayed in find window's result list.
- Fixed ordering of history in package release notes.
- Fixed potential problem when multiple processes are accessing settings.
- Fixed unresponsive GUI when build generates a lot of output.
- Added File Search > Flat Search Result Output environment option.
- The file search window now defaults to flat result output and the dock site at the bottom of the main window.
- Fixed incorrectly located line edit in list views.
- Fixed activation of keyboard accelerators from HUD windows.
- Fixed automatic installation of packages when clicking on documentation links.
- Fixed debug terminal find only carrying out search once.
- Fixed bookmarks window updating bookmark line numbers when lines were inserted into or deleted from a different file.
- Fix command line supplied to clang static analyzer for ARM/Cortex-A/Cortex-R devices.
- Fixed opening of project files when the File > File Open Action property is set to Web Browser.
- Popup error message now displayed if package list cannot be downloaded when refreshing.
- Added File Search > Collapse Results environment option.
- Fixed crash when refreshing the outline window while editing an empty XML file.
- Fixed setting propertyGroup defined properties on folder nodes when importing package files.
- Keyboard map is now saved with UTF-8 encoding.
- Web browser links to text files now open in web browser rather than text editor.
- Fixed crash when running on an Ubuntu 14.04 system using KDE window manager.
- Fixed Windows installer failure when user name contains certain non-ASCII characters.
- Fixed loss of icons and inability to start IDE from desktop if umask has been set preventing read and execute permissions from being enabled for others (Linux only).
- Added EmbeddedStudioVersionNumber system macro.
- The inttypes.h header file now includes stdint.h as per the c99 standard.
- Added "Math Errno" project option.
- Dependency files are now deleted on project rebuild/clean.
- Does not link Externally Built Executable projects that have a specified Load File.
- Does not compile files in Externally Built Executable projects that do not have compile command(s).
- J-Link Control Panel window now works with multiple J-Links attached.
- Fixed generation of symbols when address_symbol and size_symbol attributes are used in a memory map or section placement files.
- Fixed crash with IAR v8 generated elf files.
- Fixed usage of brackets in debug watch expressions.
- Additional load files can be relative to the project directory.
- Fixed crash when scrolling the disassembly window with the mouse wheel when debugger is not running.
- Documented the file format for the "Type Interpretation File" project property.
- Updated shipped J-Link software to V6.22d.
- Fixed renaming of build configurations not applying when clicking on another build configuration after change.
- Fixed crash when pressing Ctrl+Shift+T.
- Modified macOS text editor cursor key mapping to be more like other macOS text editors.
- Double clicking on company logo images in package manager and new project wizard now has no effect.
- Fixed update of registers window status message when no registers are selected.
- Fixed display of multi-line messages in output window's task view.
- Code editor suggestions now inserted on all lines when in block edit mode.
- Code editor replace all now only replaces text within block when in block selection mode.
- WebKit web browser now uses display scaling factor.
- Show Large Icons In Toolbars option now applies to docking windows.
- Added keyboard shortcut editor to environment options dialog.
- Fixed crash that occured when cancelling the new project wizard when on the edit common project settings page.
- Fixed code editor suggestion popup not restoring opacity when ctrl key is released.
- Pasting of a block selection is now done as a block insertion even if text editor is not in block edit mode.
- Fixed text terminal not staying at end of file when maximum line limit is reached.
- Fixed wireless network interfaces not being included in list of network adapters on Windows.
- Added missing __powidf2 and __powisf2 compiler helper functions.
- Updated the LLVM/Clang tools build to use the 5.0.0 source release.
- Updated shipped J-Link software to V6.20d.
- Added missing JLinkDevices.xml file and accompanying flash loaders.
- Environment option descriptions are now selectable.
- Improved performance of text editor brace matching in long files.
- Added Text Editor > Formatting > Additional Formatting Styles environment option.
- Added case sensitivity, whole word and regular expression options to code edit's incremental search dialog.
- Code editor's incremental search dialog no longer resets find dialog settings.
- Fixed drag and drop of file onto a project explorer file node from an external program.
- Fixed loss of focus when an expanded project explorer node is deleted.
- Fix macro expansion of "Target Device" on license check.
- Do license check when active project is changed.
- License check now applies to "Library" project types based on the "Core Type".
- Fixed installation of license strings containing UNICODE characters.
- Fixed running of build command lines containing a '>' output redirection character.
- Fixed command line property editor.
- Added static_assert definition to assert.h.
- Fixed crash when Folder Options node is selected in project explorer and Open Solution in Editor is activated.
- Dynamic macros are now expanded in property editor macro preview.
- Added RelInputDir and FolderPath macros.
- Added empty solution project template.
- Fixed crash using Debug | Restart with the simulator target before startup breakpoint is hit.
- Fixed crash using Target | Attach Debugger with J-Trace target.
- Fixed bug in backtracing code which caused local variables to be displayed incorrectly.
- Local, global, auto and watch window columns are now independently configurable.
- Fixed display of signed 32-bit integer variables on 64-bit Linux and macOS hosts.
- Fixed Cortex-M simulator return from exception when using both main and process stack.
- Speed up single stepping of large programs when there are many unfound symbols in watch window.
- Add "Auto" capability to SWO baud rate project property.
- Updated shipped J-Link software to V6.20a.
- Changed values in variable and register windows are now identified by red text rather than a red background.
- Avoid memory and watch window update during download.
- Improve speed of disassembly when source files cannot be found.
- Fixed opening of files using macOS Finder.
- Improved opening of files from the command line.
- Fixed crash in text editor when moving left a word at a time.
- Reinstated View > Dashboard menu entry.
- File extension comparisons for project, package and archive files are now case insensitive.
- External diff tool runs as a detached process.
- Fixed error reporting when source file couldn't be opened by IAR compiler.
- Fixed crash in code outline window when viewing an XML file containing a syntax error.
- Add "Copy Full Path" to context menu in project explorer.
- Find in files on solution will not search object and library files.
- Fixed crash reporter hanging if report submission fails.
- Updated the GCC/BINUTILS tools build to use GNU ARM Embedded Toolchain 6-2017-q2-update source release.
- Updated LLVM/Clang to version 4.0.1.
- C runtime start code now has an optional call to an external function named InitializeUserMemorySections if INITIALIZE_USER_SECTIONS is defined.
- The 'Hello' first run sample project now defaults to the simulator target connection.
- Fix bug locating to assembly code source files.
- Locals window update when accessing variables that are in restricted memory ranges.
- Stop accessing address zero on debug reset on Cortex-M devices.
- Add "Starting Stack Pointer Value" debug project property.
- Updated shipped J-Link software to V6.18.
- Added Debug > Debug With Ozone menu option and an environment option to override the default location of the Ozone executable.
- Fixed crash showing symbols browser for IAR generated executables.
- Opening studio from shortcut when Allow Multiple Studios is set to No and studio is already running now unminimizes and raises main window to the top.
- Can now close the solution whilst the Source Navigator or Find References windows are active.
- Statistics in the Project Explorer displays the sum of the files sizes of the containing folder node.
- Improved error message reporting when studio startup fails.
- Check syntax option is now enabled on files with .html extension.
- Find extras menu order now the same in context menu as it is in the main menu.
- Fixed installation failure when installing certain packages.
- Added new look dashboard window.
- Fixed certain Alt key accelerators not working on macOS.
- Macro viewer in property editor now has horizontal scroll bar.
- Fixed blank entries in propery editor's build configuration combo box (macOS only).
- Hyperlinks in property editor's description fields now open in an external browser.
- Highlighted finds are now local to each text editor.
- Fixed text editor match delimiter and extend selection operation (Shift+Ctrl+]).
- Fixed moving of popup windows displayed when project is loading.
- Fixed Delete key not deleting selected text when cursor is at the end of the file.
- Fixed crash running installer on Linux when KDE plugins are installed on the system.
- Windows version no longer requires the Universal C Runtime update to be installed.
- Smaller up and down buttons in property window.
- Shift+Tab now works when text editor is in block selection mode.
- Indent when text editor is in block selection mode now aligns to the indent size setting.
- Highlight all selected text now works when text is selected by keyboard.
- Add environment option "Check J-Link For Licenses".
- Text files shipped in Windows distributions are now in DOS format.
- Reworked compiler driver command line options.
- The debug restart action doesn't load the target.
- Holding the shift key while scrolling the memory window with the mouse scroll wheel now locks the start address.
- Added Debug > Memory Window > Scroll Wheel Modifies Start Address environment option.
- Memory window size warning can be disabled and is now only shown when the size changes.
- Fixed crash when the memory diff dialog is shown after download verification has failed.
- Updated shipped J-Link software to V6.16g.
- Editor dock positions are now restored when solution is loaded.
- Fixed incorrect calculation of memory usage window cell height when using high DPI fonts.
- Fixed crashes caused by uncaught exceptions (Linux only).
- Fixed incorrect width of editor margin when using Windows scaling.
- Fixed pressing tab key while in block edit mode.
- Fixed occasional randomly placed tooltips in code editor.
- Added Text Editor > Editing > Tab Key Indents Preprocessor Directives environment option.
- Fixed text editor crash when selecting and deleting past end of file with virtual space enabled.
- Fixed text editor scrolling to the far left column when text is selected and the mouse is moved.
- The Code Outline window now uses the same parser as the Source Navigator this has improved C++ support but has removed conditional preprocessor directives.
- The Code Outline window can now display doxygen style comments in the Preview pane.
- Change default for "Omit Frame Pointer" to "Yes".
- Added "Export Makefile" to project build context menu.
- Removed license check from memory window load and save operations.
- Embedded Studio now only uses the J-Link software it ships with, it no longer searches for other installations.
- Updated shipped J-Link software to V6.16c.
- Fixed crash when auto disconnecting simulator before simulator has stopped.
- Fixed text editor always using proportional font rendering irrespective of the Text Editor > Visual Appearance > Font Rendering option.
- Fixed text editor cursor color when using CrossWorks Dark color scheme.
- Added Insert Cursor and Overwrite Cursor colors to editor color schemes.
- Fixed text editor repaint when highlight cursor line mode is enabled.
- Fixed display of large toolbar icons.
- Fixed activation of popup toolbar icons.
- Fixed path property editor when using scaling on Windows.
- The text editor line number font size now scales with the main text editor font size.
- Project properties dialog now remembers splitter placement.
- Improved support for Windows scaling.
- Fixed code completion suggestion popup appearing on the wrong display on multi-display systems.
- Fixed Edit > Selection > Tabify.
- Added text editor block selection and edit.
- Fixed File > Recent Files and File > Recent Projects not selecting first element of menu when activated by keyboard.
- Fixed Command+W not closing current editor on macOS.
- Improved macOS clipboard support.
- Avoid auto loading externally modified project file during build.
- Grey out goto definition (and others) when indexer is running.
- Fixed window group Close All Windows option not recording in session file that windows have been closed.
- Fixed excessively fast vertical scroll wheel scrolling in text output windows.
- Change default for "Emit Relocations" to "Yes".
- Add weak attribute to library realloc implementation.
- Added sys/stat.h, sys/time.h and sys/types.h for compatibility.
- Removed STLPort from the distribution. This is available as a library package.
- Add "Post-Archive Command" project options.
- Generic startup code now enables VFP when "ARM FP ABI Type" is not set to "Soft".
- RTT files are not added to new ARM/Cortex-A/R generic projects.
- Add "Pre-Build Command" and "Post-Build Command" project options.
- Default __putchar and __getchar functions are now implemented using debugio.
- Upgraded LLVM/Clang to version 4.0.0.
- Updated the GCC/BINUTILS tools build to use GNU ARM Embedded Toolchain 6-2017-q1-update source release.
- Changed "Printf Floating Point Supported" project option to select between "Float" and "Double" support.
- Fixed crash when downloading non-existent externally built executable.
- Fixed crash when displaying class variables that contain static member data of the same type.
- Added "Copy To Clipboard" to register and variable display windows.
- Added "Copy To Clipboard" to memory window.
- Single stepping will step again if there is more then one instruction sequence associated with a source line of code.
- Disassembler decodes tbb/tbh pc relative jump tables.
- Updated shipped J-Link software to V6.14h.
- The "Auto Update" feature of the execution profile window uses the j-trace pro streaming feature.
- Added locate next/prev source/instruction buttons to execution trace window.
- Added function call and return entries to execution trace window.
- Added "Stack Usage" window.
- Changed "Build Macros" environment option name to "Global Macros".
- Fixed missing bottom line of some characters in Linux version of code editor.
- Clicking on studio icon in macOS dock now unminimizes IDE if it is minimized.
- Add up and down project navigation buttons to project properties dialog.
- Fixed reload solution not loading the correct solution if multiple versions of the studio are running with different projects loaded.
- Added Text Editor > Save > Default Line Endings environment option.
- Fixed text editor asking whether it is OK to overwrite an existing file twice.
- Editor now preserves UTF-8 byte order marks.
- Added different bitmaps to the project window for executable, library and staging project types.
- Build detects when files have been excluded/included and cut/pasted into projects.
- Project explorer paste file onto file will add it to the containing folder.
- Fixed text editor crash when using delete while cursor is at the end of file.
- Fixed integer property editor not working correctly on Linux and macOS.
- Fixed text editor Tools > Format Code losing last line of file on Linux and macOS.
- Fixed up and down cursor keys not working correctly with search filters on macOS.
- Fixed naming of Formatting > Always Break After Definition Return Type project property.
- Fixed duplicate Debug and Debugging property groups.
- Added Nordic Semiconductor text formatting style.
- The source browser window has renamed the "Stack" colunm to "Frame Size".
- Added "Code", "Data" and "Const" size columns to the source browser window.
- The ARM license entitlement is now checked against the "Target Device" project property.
- The names of temporary files produced by the compiler are now derived from the input filename.
- The rm and chmod commands generated by the build are now implemented as internal commands.
- Added "V8M Has CMSE Instructions" project property.
- Added "CMSE Import Library File" project property.
- Fixed crash caused by clearing build log whilst building.
- Fixed ld executable being loaded into an editor on memory segment overflow linker errors (Linux and macOS only).
- Fixed build for project Link and unity folder Compile.
- Fixed setting strict-aligned clang compiler option for v4t, v5te, v6m and v8m.baseline architectures.
- Removed broken linker variant project property.
- Fixed C++ signbit implementation.
- Fixed build not building newly imported files.
- Changed linker and archiver "Use Indirect File" options default.
- Fixed using indirect files with filenames containing backslashes.
- Show "Batch Build Configurations" property at the solution node.
- Fixed crossscript crash when using ElfFile.peekBytes or ElfFile.crc32 functions on a program compiled with the Clang compiler.
- Fixed importing IAR EWARM/Keil MDK project files containing dots.
- Added linker option "Symbols File" to supply a symbols only file to the link command.
- Added "None" option to "Debugging Level" which is now used for "Release" configuration builds.
- Updated the GCC/BINUTILS tools build to use GCC ARM Embedded 6-2016-q4-major source release.
- Upgraded LLVM/Clang to version 3.9.1.
- Add int sized enums library build variants.
- Add big endian library build variants for architecture v6M.
- Add "Library ARM Architecture" project property.
- Add environment option "Enable All Warnings Command Line Options".
- Add environment option "Enforce ANSI Checking Command Line Options".
- Change default for "Allow Multiple Symbol Definition" to "No".
- Added "Auto Refresh" to the context menu of the execution count window.
- Fixed set breakpoint on variable from text editor.
- Fixed modifying breakpoint properties.
- Fixed crash when pressing page down on last page of the disassembly in the disassembly window.
- Fixed crash using debug restart with the simulator target.
- Add "Ignore .debug_frame Section" debugging property.
- Fixed crash if memory write fails during download on OS X.
- Fixed crash when connecting to J-Link target interface when no J-Link is attached.
- Fixed disassembly of ldr literal instructions.
- Improved debug support of clang generated code.
- Fixed memory window always evaluating address expression when auto size is selected.
- Fixed crash when opening memory window.
- Fixed watch window not storing the filename and linenumber context in which to evaluate the expression.
- Fixed misc bugs in watch window.
- Fixed Cortex-M simulator handling of word aligned stack pointers on exception return.
- Fixed crash using debug stop during download.
- Control bit zero now shown in CPU registers display for Cortex-M0.
- Added environment option "Show Member Functions" to variable windows to enable C++ member functions to be displayed.
- Add "RTT Enable" and "RTT Control Block Address" debugging options.
- Fixed crash when setting register allocated variables that are less than 4 bytes in length.
- Add "ITM Stimulus Port To Display" debugging options.
- Fixed implementation of rbit insruction in ARM simulator.
- Updated shipped J-Link software to V6.12f
- Add "Access Variables Within Memory Map Only" project property.
- Remove "Leave Target Running" project property.
- Parallel building of files in projects now shows a progress bar and ETA, both of these can be disabled using new environment options.
- Fixed Microsoft IME support in code editor.
- Removed project property "Build Dependents in Parallel", replaced it with "Project Can Build In Parallel".
- Fixed saving of files from code editor using Shift-JIS encoding.
- Improved appearance of build log's memory usage summary when there are many memory segments.
- Fixed code completion on files with paths containing UNICODE characters.
- Fixed goto definition and find references on files with paths containing UNICODE characters.
- File and project history now shared between all major releases.
- Fixed save prompt dialog not being displayed when modified file is closed.
- Fixed close solution not stopping when the saving of a modified file has failed.
- Improved appearance of debugger tooltips.
- Fixed build summary not being fully visible when build log is larger than window.
- Fixed directory chooser on IAR/Keil project import dialog.
- Fixed crash when entering address in disassembly window that is not within the current visible address range.
- Fixed text editor slow down when rendering very long lines.
- Find dialog auto complete is now case sensitive.
- Enter key now behaves the same as return key in find dialog.
- Fixed crash when dragging a project folder onto one of its own sub folders.
- Register window bitfield entries now use monospace font.
- Ctrl+C and Ctrl+A now work in project property dialog's description field.
- Fixed drag not working in project explorer on new files or folders until project has been reloaded.
- Fixed use of proportional fonts in code editor.
- Added Text Editor > Font Rendering environment option.
- Cannot close solution while Source Navigator and References window are active.
- Added stop button to Source Navigator window.
- Added coloring for #if'ed out code to the editor for C and C++ files. This is computed on file load and save.
- Added .svd file type detection to "Register Definition File" property.
- Added environment option "Parallel Project Building" to enable dependent project (and solution) builds to be done in parallel.
- Fixed text editor cursor not being visible over text drawn with a different background colour.
- Fixed the window group context menu sometimes being displayed higher than the mouse pointer.
- Search box now focused when package manager is opened.
- Fixed project importer not loading shipped jlink.dll when no other is available.
- Fixed pasting of file into a project explorer folder that is already contained within that folder.
- Fixed file overwrite warning dialog not giving the option to cancel.
- Added Title Bar > Show Full Solution Path environment option.
- Fixed crash when closing all editor windows, right clicking and then moving the mouse with the empty dock window.
- Added tooltips on symbols in text editor.
- Fixed editor search not clearing highlights when search string is cleared.
- Added Text Editor > Highlight All Selected Text environment option.
- Added Windows > Debug Terminal > Backscroll Buffer Lines environment option.
- Added Text Editor > Programmer Assistance > Inactive Code Opacity environment option.
- Fixed incorrectly placed resize grip in property editor.
- Fixed previous search not being selected when starting a multi-line find and replace.
- Fixed bookmark not being removed from bookmarks window when the line it is on has been deleted.
- New generic projects now set the "Section Placement Segments" option rather than use memory map files.
- Added new generic projects that enable use of an external GNU toolchain.
- Fixed selection in text editor not being completely cleared under certain circumstances.
- Find and replace window now remembers last search context and file type settings.
- Add support for BE-8 executables.
- Fixed opening of example projects from dashboard and contents window.
- Added dependent files to quick open (Ctrl+o) editor action.
- Help system now uses WebKit web browser to display content.
- Brace matching now takes into account inactive code lines.
- Inactive code highlighting now updates as you type.
- Detects project file has changed on disk and prompts for reload.
- Function keys can now be displayed permanently on OS X Touch Bar when IDE is running. See Using function keys on MacBook Pro with Touch Bar for more information on how to do this.
- Removed "Target" option from Generic project types and added "Target Device" option to enable target device selection.
- Reintroduce tools on project explorer context menu for folder and file nodes.
- Added "Stack" column to the symbol browser window.
- The product build date is now compared with the SUA expiry date. The License manager displays licenses that have expired SUA's.
- Added "Keep Linker Script File" project property.
- Added "Tool Chain Directory" project property.
- Added "Externally Built Library" to the "Project Type" enumeration.
- Added "Section Placement Segments" project property.
- Added "Post-Link Output File" project property.
- Added "C Compile Command", "C++ Compile Command", "Assemble Command", "Link Command" and "Archive Command" project properties to enable user defined build steps.
- Added capability to build "Externally Built Executable" and "Externally Built Library" project types using command lines in project properties.
- Supplied ascii only version of ctype functions in ctype_no_wchar.c in the $(StudioDir)/source directory.
- Supplied non threaded version errno in errno_no_thread.c in the $(StudioDir)/source directory.
- Fixed 0.0 >= 0.0 and 0.0 <= 0.0 not returning true on some architectures.
- Fixed crash when building libraries using indirect files with no files to archive.
- Opening IAR EWARM/Keil MDK project files will now create internal and external build configurations. The external build configuration will use the IAR/Keil tools. The internal build configuration will use the internal tools.
- Fixed setting errno to EDOM with invalid arguments to acos(f), asin(f) and fmod(f).
- Fixed setting errno to ERANGE when overflow occurs with ldexp(f).
- Updated the GCC/BINUTILS tools build to use GCC ARM Embedded 5-2016-q2-update source release.
- Link will now fail with an error if a section has been placed at the end of a segment using the place_from_segment_start attribute and the preceding section overlaps it.
- Removed "J-Link DLL File" project property.
- Added "Use Built-in RTT support" project property to enable RTT to be used on all devices.
- Add "Ignore .debug_aranges Section" debugging property.
- Fixed crash while using memory window when not connected to target.
- Added "Load ELF Sections" loader project property.
- Added "Stop On Memory Error" simulator project property.
- Removed "Debugger Initial Breakpoint" environment options.
- Can now optionally specify the main load file to download using the "Load File" project property.
- Added "Go To Disassembly" to code editor context menu when debugging.
- Added "Export As Text" to variable display windows.
- Variable display windows now display char * as null terminated strings by default.
- Variable display windows now carry out numerical sort when sorting on size.
- Fixed watch window not moving blank entry to end when using add to watch from editor.
- Adding simulator project property "Stop On Memory Error".
- Enabling of exception breakpoints is preserved in session file.
- Project properties dialog now defaults to the active build confguration when opened.
- Fixed crash when dragging a project folder onto itself.
- Fixed display of string properties that contain line feeds.
- The "Project Type" property can now be set on a per configuration basis.
- Fixed reload project not working correctly when the project has been opened from the Recent Projects window.
- Project properties editor dialog is now modal.
- Memory window address field now expands to fill available space.
- Fixed blank filenames in Open File From Solution dialog.
- Fixed crash when right clicking in empty area of build configuration dialog.
- Fixed crash when changing configuration with a property editor focused in properties dialog.
- Changed the way modified and inherited properties are shown in the properties dialog/window.
- Code editor no longer displays file modified warning if file has been externally deleted.
- Properties dialog, removed "All" group, deselecting the group/page will show all properties.
- Properties dialog, changed the graphic to indicate that a project property has been modified or is set in another node or configuration.
- Properties dialog, removed the build macros and added a means to display the set of macros on individual property editors.
- Project explorer, added "Exclude From Build" option to folders.
- Add support for ARMv8-M Mainline and ARMv8-M Baseline architecture.
- Properties dialog, added option to show modified properties only.
- Fixed drag and drop in project explorer only working on a new folder after project has been reloaded.
- Project explorer removed automatic usage of memory map, section placement and linker script files in the build.
- Added "Use This Memory Map", "Use This Section Placement" and "Use This Linker Script File" to the appropriate files in the project explorer context menu.
- Files of type Memory Map, Section Placement and Linker Script that are added to the project now prompt to update the appropriate project property.
- Added "Use Manual Linker Script" and "Linker Script File" project properties.
- Removed Calcpad, Debug Immediate, Downloads, Properties, Script Console and Terminal Emulator windows.
- Reorganised menu entries, all window show actions are avaiable on the View menu.
- File path property editor now applies change when enter key is pressed.
- The Application Monospace Font property editor will now only allow monospace fonts to be selected.